Subject: Trog war party and nest tokens: switched name/role? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There is an odd thing I've noticed: (which has no impact on gameplay or anything important) the trog war parties and nests have the opposite function to what I would expect based on the name. It seems to me that it makes more sense for the map to be start out littered with trog nests, which would also be where the trogs would naturally store their crystals. And it seems like when trogs retreat from a battle, it makes more sense for a war party to be created than a nest.

Anyone else find this weird?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Flame112 wrote:
There is an odd thing I've noticed: (which has no impact on gameplay or anything important) the trog war parties and nests have the opposite function to what I would expect based on the name. It seems to me that it makes more sense for the map to be start out littered with trog nests, which would also be where the trogs would naturally store their crystals. And it seems like when trogs retreat from a battle, it makes more sense for a war party to be created than a nest.

Anyone else find this weird?

So, up until very late in the end the orange tokens WERE called War Partys and the green ones Nests. I have no clue honestly why it was changed...and it really doesn't matter...but I'll chalk this up to language differences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak Wolf
msg tools
Interesting indeed. It makes alot more sense to call the green tokens "nests" and orange ones "war parties".

It lead us to make a slight mistake initially. We were using "Green" tokens after a battle vs trogs left them figures. Those green tokens respawned more crystals when triggered...creating a serious heap if someone lost the battles on purpose repeatedly.

We call it nests for the green tokens by now, and war parties for the orange tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.