Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: TYT: Trump businesses relabeling as "Scion". rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Apparently blowback from the election is hurting Trump's business so badly that at a recent washington event, Trump's hotel was the only one that failed to sell out even tho the hotel lowered its rooms below market rates.

They are considering removing the TRUMP name from properties and rebranding as "Scion".
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:


Apparently blowback from the election is hurting Trump's business so badly that at a recent washington event, Trump's hotel was the only one that failed to sell out even tho the hotel lowered its rooms below market rates.

They are considering removing the TRUMP name from properties and rebranding as "Scion".


So what?
People are in essence punishing the Trump brand because they dont like what he has to say?
Interesting....
Where have we heard about this before?
Hmmm..... Let me think.

Like EVERY TIME a celebrity opens their mouth? Yeah, thats it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Using the same name as a discontinued car brand is going to help?

4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:


So what?
People are in essence punishing the Trump brand because they dont like what he has to say?


Free market quote here.
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: TYT: Trump businesses relabeling as "Scion-attest".
wow W-H-O-L-L-Y-! "Holy" 'cultural misappropriation'? whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Donald wrote:
Using the same name as a discontinued car brand is going to help?

What's ONE 'fugly vehicle' HAVE over yet another?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Scion is Skynet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:


No, that's Mac's helpful tag that stands for "bullshit forthcoming."


Quote:
noun: bullshit
1. stupid or untrue talk or writing; nonsense.


Multiple sources reporting on the name change to Scion because the Trump name is damaged.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/25/travel/donald-trump-hotels...
Quote:
A New Trump Brand Not Named for Trump? Yes, Meet Scion


http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-24/trump-name...
Quote:
Trump, Name Now Awash in Controversy, Readies Scion as New Brand



I tag these things with TYT: so you can skip them and avoid embarassing yourself. Like Chris Wallace with Trump- I can only help you so much.

Do you want to agree this story is true or will you double down and keep us "in suspense"?

---

TYT is interesting because they are a different perspective. Anti Trump and Anti Clinton (they were pro Bernie). They often highlight news stories missed or backpaged elsewhere. They are a good source.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:


MJ singing "pretty young thing"... is extra gross in retrospect.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:


Apparently blowback from the election is hurting Trump's business so badly that at a recent washington event, Trump's hotel was the only one that failed to sell out even tho the hotel lowered its rooms below market rates.

They are considering removing the TRUMP name from properties and rebranding as "Scion".


Not a single reference or source was quoted for this video. I'm noticing TYT does that a lot: just opinions, talking, or they quote HuffPo and others.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:


Apparently blowback from the election is hurting Trump's business so badly that at a recent washington event, Trump's hotel was the only one that failed to sell out even tho the hotel lowered its rooms below market rates.

They are considering removing the TRUMP name from properties and rebranding as "Scion".


Not a single reference or source was quoted for this video. I'm noticing TYT does that a lot: just opinions, talking, or they quote HuffPo and others.


When something is common knowledge in the news, you don't need to cite sources and as my post above showed already it is common knowledge.

Quote:

bjlillo wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:


No, that's Mac's helpful tag that stands for "bullshit forthcoming."


Quote:
noun: bullshit
1. stupid or untrue talk or writing; nonsense.


Multiple sources reporting on the name change to Scion because the Trump name is damaged.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/25/travel/donald-trump-hotels...
Quote:
A New Trump Brand Not Named for Trump? Yes, Meet Scion


http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-24/trump-name...
Quote:
Trump, Name Now Awash in Controversy, Readies Scion as New Brand



I tag these things with TYT: so you can skip them and avoid embarassing yourself. Like Chris Wallace with Trump- I can only help you so much.

Do you want to agree this story is true or will you double down and keep us "in suspense"?

---

TYT is interesting because they are a different perspective. Anti Trump and Anti Clinton (they were pro Bernie). They often highlight news stories missed or backpaged elsewhere. They are a good source.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.