7 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: HELP please - Myth Story Mode - now Modules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Orange Player
msg tools
Hi All,

I am hoping you can help me. My son and I have recently re-discovered Myth thanks to the 2.0 content pack which we downloaded from the manufacturer's website. We are struggling with understanding how to play the module mode. We want to play out a story with a number of Acts from the original rule book e.g. 'No Rest for the Weary', but can not find the specific instructions on what to set up where. We have looked on the Megacon website but can't find anything relevant.

Please can you point us in the direction of some set up and playing guidance.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orange Player wrote:
Hi All,

I am hoping you can help me. My son and I have recently re-discovered Myth thanks to the 2.0 content pack which we downloaded from the manufacturer's website. We are struggling with understanding how to play the module mode. We want to play out a story with a number of Acts from the original rule book e.g. 'No Rest for the Weary', but can not find the specific instructions on what to set up where. We have looked on the Megacon website but can't find anything relevant.

Please can you point us in the direction of some set up and playing guidance.

Thanks
The stories from the original rulebook are not presented in the 2.0 Module format. However, BGG user Phorin has recreated that particular Story in the module format, and it is available by clicking here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ypu might find this helpful https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/113251/expanded-story...

Beyond that, Myth demands you choose those things yourself a lot without actually giving you the knowledge you need to do it. Often you have to suffer through till you acquire the knowledge to make good decisions. Story quests such as No rest for the weary are more story suggestions rather than adventures.

They are working on some adventures with more structure (see their web page) but there aren't many, they tend to be "higher level" whatever that means these days in Myth, and they're still working out the details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orange Player
msg tools
Hi Trevor,

Thank you for your quick reply and sign post. Printing out as I type.
What a great community the BGG is.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orange Player
msg tools
carbon_dragon wrote:
Ypu might find this helpful https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/113251/expanded-story...

Beyond that, Myth demands you choose those things yourself a lot without actually giving you the knowledge you need to do it. Often you have to suffer through till you acquire the knowledge to make good decisions. Story quests such as No rest for the weary are more story suggestions rather than adventures.

They are working on some adventures with more structure (see their web page) but there aren't many, they tend to be "higher level" whatever that means these days in Myth, and they're still working out the details.

Hi David,

Thanks. We have spent the weekend learning all the mechanics of the game through trial and error as you say. One of the things we both like is that you can set the 'difficulty' level for an individual tile / home spun adventure for as much or as little as you want. Whilst I am OK with just trying things out it is useful to have a bit more structure for my son at this stage. Thanks for the link and speedy response. Really appreciate it.

Brecky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Schmidt
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Myth Story Mode - now Modules
MCG is working on rewriting the stories from the 1.0 rulebook into module-lites. The first one is supposed to be part of the quarterly patch in December. Rise of the Revenant is a downloadable module from their website. The rest of the modules from the JM kickstarter should be available in 2017. The expansion boxes (Blackwall Warrens/Shores of Kanis) will also include a module. BGG also has a selection of good module type stories in the files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
NSW
flag msg tools
I like the Fury of the Fireborn too. It's supposedly being rewritten at some time in the future but it's perfectly playable and enjoyable now. Like Revenant, it'll give you some structure and a bit of a feeling of being on a big adventure.

Seeing how MCG write their modules will also give you a bit of structure and inspiration for attempting to create your own modules if you ever want to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.