Popular Tags: [View All]
Royce Calverley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I know this is only a few months old but are there any rumours regarding expansions?

Love to have some new starting ship sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Kickstarter - February 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
Rumors? Yes, I floated a few at Gameacon in Atlantic City, NJ this past weekend. But I was only allowed to do so verbally. I khan't give any more details at this time.

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Calverley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great! I don't need more than that right now. I just wanted to reassure myself that this game wasn't going to languish unloved by the publisher.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, in order for this game to compete with mage knight on the long run, it needs expansions simply for the sake of content. at this point mage knight simply has to offer more content and thus replayability. however, once ST:F has 2 or 3 more expansions, it is the better game for me, mainly because it has streamlined the right things.

One thing though, if you release expansions, maybe you could try making the game slightly harder, not more complex (obviously, since it better streamlined), just harder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Lambie
United States
ferndale
MI
flag msg tools
then again, if you're impatient (like me) you can always get creative and re-skin all of the mage knight expansion content for ST:F!

it was pretty straightforward to just take krang, lost legion, and shades of tezla, make some generic photoshop card templates from scans, print and play!

@ Andrew If "khan't" was alluding to what i think it does, i must say i contemplated trying to figure some way to reskin content to retheme for TOS and didn't end up trying to do it, so im very much excited to see whats brewing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arne Kaiser
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khan?!? We don't need Khan, we need Romulans as a playable faction. Tal Shiar for the win.

Seriously, make an expansion with Romulans and Dominion, and include board tiles with Federation and Klingon space stations, as well as Starships from these factions as opponents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rich
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Andrew Parks wrote:
Rumors? Yes, I floated a few at Gameacon in Atlantic City, NJ this past weekend. But I was only allowed to do so verbally. I khan't give any more details at this time.

Andrew

Awesome. I love this game so much more than Mage Knight. We need our Lost Legion equivalent (or better!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from News to General.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.