Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
So my swimming club will have a training weekend in a few weeks. During breaks we will supply them with some activities that will keep them going all week. Therefore, being a gamer, I suggested to bring some of my games to play with the kids. I just need you guys to pick out a few good examples fitting these criterias;

1.: We will have about 1 hour of game time

2.: Kids will be ages 8 and up

3.: Need something easy to learn (which is most of my games) so teaching time goes fast

4.: Fun loving, a bit fast paced (due to time, and also...kids get bored... )

5.: Representing different themes/mechanics, to open their horizon on the gaming world out there.

6.: In my collection already

Thanks for all your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From your collection?

I'd consider:

- Castle Panic
- Dixit
- Love Letter
- Munchkin (could just go with a 'highest level at X time wins' end condition)
- Qwirkle
- Rory's Story Cubes (the kids might make up their own games/activities with these)
- Tsuro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!! That`s a lot to go on. Funny that I don`t realize what I have in my collection before someone else list them as advices for me.....whistle

I was also thinking about Vikings and Stone Age, possibly Dominion. And I have a whole lot of filler games on stand-by

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.