$30.00
Robert B
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the text of this special rule:

1. MINE SWEEPERS: Any mine attack against an Engineer squad is resolved as follows-

*Attack Roll is doubles: Multiply the roll by two before adding it to the mine strength;

*Attack Roll is not doubles: The total attack strength is reduced to zero, no Defense Rolls are made, and the Mines counter is removed.

How are mines attacks against units stacked with an Engineer handled?

The first time I played this scenario, my opponent and I decided that the special rule would also apply to any units being attacked by the mines at the same time as the Engineer; ie: either the same doubled attack or nothing.

Another situation that could come up is when a unit moves into a Mines hex that is already occupied by an Engineer. I would think that in this case the Engineer is not being attacked, so the mines would attack the other unit normally with no possibility of removing the Mines counter.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lefty Brune wrote:
How are mines attacks against units stacked with an Engineer handled?

Exactly the same as if the Engineer were alone: doubled or negated. The rule only cares whether an Engineer unit is being attacked or not, regardless of other possible targets with the Engineer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert B
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I figured.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.