Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Guys,

Which LOTR game do you prefer and why.

1. Middle Earth Quest
2. War of the Ring
3. Battle of the 5 Armies

I'm interested but not sure which one to get first, if i had the money i'd get all three, but the prices on this LOTR games are pretty pricey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From those, War of the Ring (Second Edition). Just because it such an epic, thematic game, that captures the whole story. But it is a pretty involved 2-player game (technically, it can play more, but not really).

From all of them, The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game by a wide margin.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rathma P.
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Thanee wrote:
From those, War of the Ring (Second Edition). Just because it such an epic, thematic game, that captures the whole story. But it is a pretty involved 2-player game (technically, it can play more, but not really).

From all of them, The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game by a wide margin.

Bye
Thanee

Haven't thought of that one, I'll check that one out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Longobardi
Brazil
Mogi das Cruzes
São Paulo
flag msg tools
TOASTY !!!
badge
FLAWLESS VICTORY
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not usually into Tolkien's universe (got sleep snore in Two Towers's movie session), but enjoyed Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation quite a bit. Have not played any other LOTR game so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like all three, but BoFA least of them. Middle-Earth Quest is out of print, while WotR will be reprinted as soon as it is out of stock.

It depends on what kind of game you like.

WotR is an truly epic game and it plays good with any player count (unless you have very competitive players, then it is best with two).

Middle-Earth Quest is more an adventure game and less grand strategy.

Both are highly immersive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Francisco Arena wrote:
I'm not usually into Tolkien's universe (got sleep :snore: in Two Towers's movie session), but enjoyed Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation quite a bit. Have not played any other LOTR game so far.

This one is my favorite, and it also has the advantage of being inexpensive and fast playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.