Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 2 weeks to go to the planned DoW events at the UK Games Expo
(see here for details... http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/163049 ) and I'm now able to post more details on what the participants can expect.

Before I do - a huge thank you goes out to Eric H. and his DoW team - despite a VERY busy schedule of recent releases (Colosseum, Call to Arms, Epic Adventures) they always manage to find the time to help and support and, in the case of the UK Expo, provide a very nice 'set' of Memoir give-aways...

I have a nicely printed (rule-book standard) set of 6 'official' scenarios designed by Richard Borg for the WBC (World Boardgaming Championship) run by the BPA (Boardgame Players Association). These are in the form of a 3 page (double-sided) brochure and will be available (1 copy per player - numbers permitting) to every participant that enters a DoW event over the weekend.
They will also provide the actual scenarios to be played during the Singles Event on Saturday, in which there will be 4 rounds of match-play, with players playing each other twice over the same scenario (switching sides) with the aggregate score over the two games deciding the winners of each round. Subsequent rounds will see players with similar won/loss records then paired on through to the fourth and final round to determine the overall winner.
Scenarios:-
#1 - 28s : Gallabat & Metemma
#2 - 29s : [Dieppe] Yellow Beach
#3 - 30s : Tunisia
#4 - 31s : Carentan (Causeway)
#5 - 32s : Carentan
#6 - 18s : Operation Goodwood

The 4 rounds will be any 4 of these 6 scenarios, tbc on the day.

I also have 6 x Memoir Medals to be awarded during the Saturday event...
1 per Winner & Runner-up
1 per youngest participant
1 for an 'Endeavour' award for the most rounds played with overall lowest score.

2 will be awarded during the Sunday Overlord event (Team winner & runner-up)

Finally, I have several copies of a Days of Wonder Game Supplement - printed rule-sets for the Overlord Rules. These are a 3 page (double-sided) booklet printed in the same style and format as the official rule-book and will make a very nice addition to any Memoir owner’s game-set.
These will be given out 1 per player (numbers permitting) to every participant that enters a DoW event over the weekend.
Again, numbers permitting, any spares will be available to hand-out on the day(s) to any Memoir players attending the Expo who can not otherwise spare the time to take part in the events but find themselves in the Tournament room during the course of the weekend - I promise not to chastise (too much) for not joining in.

Any surpluses will eventually find themselves on the 'Bring and Buy’ stall (run for charity) - so please feel free to check there if you can't find me in the Tournament Room.
Note: I will be cross-posting this note to sites well frequented by Memoir players so apologies now if this appears in your read list more than once.

Thanks for reading.

[Edit] Forgot to mention there is also a £50.00 first prize voucher (care of the Expo organisers) for the Singles Event winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest tourney details are up at the UK Games Expo forum...

http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=353#353

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet!

Its a shame im not the in the UK................soblue