United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you "FEEL" bad for voting for a felon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Would you "FEEL" bad for voting for a felon?

Given that she can pardon herself per the Constitution (sadly there are no particular restrictions there it appears; I'll have to have them fix that when I invent my time machine) most of her supporters would probably just rationalize that she wasn't a felon "for very long".

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
Trying to not focus on your weird use of CAPS and """SCARE QUOTES""", nah.

If they convicted her of being the Green River Killer, I might feel a little uncomfortable though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:

If they convicted her of being the Green River Killer, I might feel a little uncomfortable though.

The quotes and caps are for people to focus on that, so they know what I am really asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
windsagio wrote:

The quotes and caps are for people to focus on that, so they know what I am really asking.

Yes. The usual right wing bullshit. News for you cupcake. The FBI can't declare anyone a felon. That bus actually for courts. Do try not to prove yourself to be a brainless right wing cretin. We get that already. You've done a hell of a good job
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
windsagio wrote:

Yes. The usual right wing bullshit. News for you cupcake. The FBI can't declare anyone a felon. That bus actually for courts. Do try not to prove yourself to be s brainless right wing cretin. We get that already. You've done a hell of a good job

Yes, I left out the whole, and then it goes to trial and then a jury convicts, blah blah blah.
But you get the point.
FBI investigates and gathers enough evidence to determine that she committed a felonious act.

I keep forgetting, hypotheticals and twisted sick liberal minds dont mesh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaine is a far better candidate than Trump, no probs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
windsagio wrote:

Yes. The usual right wing bullshit. News for you cupcake. The FBI can't declare anyone a felon. That bus actually for courts. Do try not to prove yourself to be s brainless right wing cretin. We get that already. You've done a hell of a good job

Yes, I left out the whole, and then it goes to trial and then a jury convicts, blah blah blah.
But you get the point.
FBI investigates and gathers enough evidence to determine that she committed a felonious act.

I keep forgetting, hypotheticals and twisted sick liberal minds dont mesh well.

Those aren't blah blah blah, they are important details for your "hypothetical". Are you saying if charges were filed or if she (or Trump) were convicted by a jury?

Anyway it should matter more to anyone the reasons and details of conviction and not just that someone is a felon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will she still be giving out "Free" shit ? then nope, they wont feel bad because Trump says mean things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would feel bad Hillary was convicted by the FBI and not in a court of law.

But if you mean that the FBI determined she was chargable under the law, I don't think even her "VAST INFLUENCE" could keep her the nominee.

Or if you mean she was convicted after being elected, I would not feel bad. You can only go with what you know at the moment, you can't regret things you have no control over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you "FEEL" bad if that douche-nozzle Trump gets elected?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
Honestly Dashi, this is a when did you stop beating your wife question.

It's too hopelessly loaded to even treat as a hypothetical.

~~~

I'll try again though;

If they managed to turn BENGHAZI! or this email thing into a conviction I'd honestly shrug it off as invalid partisan garbage (akin to the Lewinski perjury thing).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Honestly Dashi, this is a when did you stop beating your wife question.

It's too hopelessly loaded to even treat as a hypothetical.

~~~

I'll try again though;

If they managed to turn BENGHAZI! or this email thing into a conviction I'd honestly shrug it off as invalid partisan garbage (akin to the Lewinski perjury thing).

YOu are a fucking dolt.
It is nothing like that.
A better example would be, WHEN the FBI determines that Hillary is a Felon, would you feel bad for voting for her.

Please, try again.

If there was this much smoke surrounding a candidate that I was thinking of voting for, and I voted for them anyways, and later I learn that he or she was as bad as people were saying, I certainly would feel bad and or stupid for voting for such a person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Will she still be giving out "Free" shit ? then nope, they wont feel bad because Trump says mean things.

By "mean things" you of course mean bragging about sexually assaulting women. What is this constant compulsion you have to display what a truly despicable human being you are? Or is this some kind of Alt Right badge of honor for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mainly, I'd laugh and laugh at your posts if that happened.

So the amusement I'd gain at your expense would exceed any downside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

How would Hillary being convicted of a felony come back at me looking bad?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I choose to vote for Hillary (probably not going to, but I'm still trying to sort through my presidential election feelings re: protest votes, what I consider "greater evils", etc), no.

As of this time, I'm not particularly convinced of what I would consider noteworthy moral wrongdoing (though I will fully admit it is a bugger to sort through fact and noise). If my assessment later proves incorrect, then I don't see a particular reason to feel bad about it. I made a call at the time, the situation changed. C'est la vie.

You could argue that the evidence was there in front of me (this isn't a case of, say, Obama just murdering a baby out of nowhere or anything) and thus the responsibility lies on me for making the wrong choice, which is also fair! But, like I said above, as I've been able to parse the information, I'm not convinced of noteworthy moral wrongdoing at this time and that's the information I have to run with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:

Yes. The usual right wing bullshit. News for you cupcake. The FBI can't declare anyone a felon. That bus actually for courts. Do try not to prove yourself to be a brainless right wing cretin. We get that already. You've done a hell of a good job

You're getting hung up in pointless semantics, a left wing bullshit tactic.

The FBI can (and in fact already has once, they wrongly chose not to recommend prosecution) recommend that somebody should be pursued for one or more felony violations.

You can pretend you didn't understand what Dashi was saying, but basically everybody knows that's at its most charitable a lie.

So regarding his question....?

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So let's say NY and CA eventually find Trump committed felony fraud with Truml U. Will you "FEEL" bad having voted for a felon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
So let's say NY and CA eventually find Trump committed felony fraud with Truml U. Will you "FEEL" bad having voted for a felon?

If I vote for Trumnp, and they find that, then yes, I would feel bad about voting for him.
I dont want to vote for a felon.

Do you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:

Oh wait, I answered that wrong, I am supposed to say, NY and CA are states and they dont actually determine if someone is a felon, so your question is a load of shit.

Is that better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:

You're getting hung up in pointless semantics, a left wing bullshit tactic.

The FBI can (and in fact already has once, they wrongly chose not to recommend prosecution) recommend that somebody should be pursued for one or more felony violations.

You can pretend you didn't understand what Dashi was saying, but basically everybody knows that's at its most charitable a lie.

So regarding his question....?

Ferret

Of course he already said that wasn't what he meant. I don't think anyone will "FEEL" bad just on the FBI prosecuting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Your posts will be humorous to me. Believe me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Your posts will be humorous to me. Believe me.

Because I was right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

Oh wait, I answered that wrong, I am supposed to say, NY and CA are states and they dont actually determine if someone is a felon, so your question is a load of shit.

Is that better?

Yeah, they do. Are you seriously this confused that you can't work a hypothetical even when the same error was already pointed out to you? The states have justice departments which execute the powers of the states to dispense justice.

In answer to your original question, I'd certainly feel worse. The degree to which I felt worse would depend on the nature of the felony--if, for example, she failed to comply with a FOIA request fully because she thought that the information thus gained would reveal nothing illegal, but would be used to embarrass her, I would feel sort of icky about the whole political system, but might not see her reaction as unreasonable given the consistent abuse of power by those looking to take her down. If she were concealing underlying illegal behavior, I'd feel worse according to its degree. That might bring me to the point of wishing I hadn't voted, or had written in Larry Lessig. It's hard to imagine any result which would make me wish I'd voted for Trump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.