Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there from 5.30 with Terraforming Mars and some other gaming goodness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rowlands
United Kingdom
Amersham
Bucks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'll bring la granja if anyone is interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fatboyguy wrote:
I'll be there from 5.30 with Terraforming Mars and some other gaming goodness.

Oooh! Would love to play! Happy to pseudo teach too.
Should be there by 6:30, maybe earlier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rowlands
United Kingdom
Amersham
Bucks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Although I wouldn't mind sneaking into a game of terraforming mars if there was space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Horn
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will be there early doors. Would be keen to give Terraforming Mars a go. If not, I'm easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played Terraforming Mars Sunday and Monday night. Really loving it; broke out the non-beginner corporations Monday night. Still more corporations to try (only 3 of 10 seen use so far), plus drafting and all the Corporate Era cards (including 2 more corporations). Definitely the best of my Essen (or slightly post-Essen) purchases! thumbsup thumbsup But will let other people sample the greenhouse gases and asteroids on Wed and play something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stoakes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope to be there. Happy to play anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ W
msg tools
I'll be there early doors.
Keen to give Last Will a go, always forget who has it.
Or I'd also like to try Neanderthal Martin? (thinking of getting it for my other half)
Failing that anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's I!
I'll bring it along for you.

Neanderthal Martin? I've not heard him called that before!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I should be there this week (90%)

I am going to bring my new purchase - Deception: Murder in Hong Kong along but am conscious that I owe Markie a game of Abyss if he wants to bring it - We could probably get both done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fondue wrote:
It's I!
I'll bring it along for you.

Neanderthal Martin? I've not heard him called that before!
I thought maybe he meant this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stoakes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ErictheHalfaBee wrote:
But will let other people sample the greenhouse gases and asteroids on Wed and play something else.

That's a relief, Guy. You can bring your shiny new game along without being worried that you'll be automatically trashed by Eric.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gali Limonova
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
oldskoolgeek999 wrote:
I should be there this week (90%)

I am going to bring my new purchase - Deception: Murder in Hong Kong along but am conscious that I owe Markie a game of Abyss if he wants to bring it - We could probably get both done!

I'm afraid Markie isn't coming this week again An early meeting in Lincoln on Thursday takes him away.

I'll still bring Abyss+Kraken if people want to play it.

Eric, are you still up for Discworld? I'm very determined to play it this week!

Guy, are you bringing Mystic Vale again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stewart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No I'm saving abyss for rob he promised. Sorry I can't make it this week damn work gets in the way of everything!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Erlina wrote:
Eric, are you still up for Discworld? I'm very determined to play it this week!

Sounds like a plan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Erlina wrote:

Guy, are you bringing Mystic Vale again?

Sorry, I didn't bring it as I thought it'll probably see the table quite a bit at MidCon.

I brought Terraforming Mars, Takenoko with Chibis expansion and Incan Gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
Bucks
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't make it tonight. In fact looking at my diary I'm unlikely to make the next 2-3 sessions either. Best to assume I'm not coming over the next few weeks unless I say otherwise!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Horn
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to give Deception: Murder in Hong Kong a go!

I'll bring Neanderthal, Russell. Would be keen to give it another go. I also want to give the new Five Tribes expansion a go. I basically just want to play all the games.soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Merrick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See you all at about 6:45. Happy to play Discworld or Terraforming Mars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stoakes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be with you by 7pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
15 of us last night!

3 tables of Gaming Goodness!

We started with a game of Deception: Murder in Hong Kong. This game was a cross between Mysterium and The Resistance. A murder mystery where there is a murderer, an accomplice and a witness. Everyone has to work out who's the murderer and accomplice. The witness knows but cannot reveal themselves. During which a forensic investigator is trying to give clues. It was a fun game but the clues we had were very tenuous which wasn't the fault of Rob our pluck forensic expert. I need to play this again before I decide on how good it is. It was fun though!

My main event was finally getting Terraforming Mars to the table. I pre-ordered this one and have been dying to try it. Nick & Chris joined me in a learning game where we used the basic corporations. Although it was a learning game this game so simple to get started with within a few turns you just know what to do. I have to say this is shaping up to be my game of the year. I loved my first game. It has the classic mix of very simple mechanisms and very complex outcomes, but you always feel in control. As Chris said at the end, "It's as complex as Terra Mystic but I don't have a headache!"

On the other tables I saw games of Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game, Paperback, Bruges, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Five Tribes, Discworld: Ankh-Morpork and I am sure I missed others!

Roll on next week......and MidCon!!! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stewart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dammit i missed five tribes and dead of winter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stoakes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sylvar wrote:
dammit i missed five tribes and dead of winter

Actually, Mark, there was a fourth table that spent the whole evening playing Abyss but Guy didn't want to say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I really like Deception: Murder in Hong Kong. I agree that it feels like a cross between Resistance (or Avalon) and Mysterium. I have played it since with a group that loves Ameritrash / Social Games and we had a great time (in fact we played several games as we liked it so much!)

I think it is one of those games that may not appeal to certain gamer types - Players of the more Euro persuasion are always going to struggle because of the core mechanisms and lack of specificity. Those willing to embrace the creative ambiguous nature of the game seem to really enjoy it. I would say fans of Dixit, Cosmic Encounter, Cash n Guns, Spartacus, Resistance, Spyfall, etc should give it a go.

Marmite anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oldskoolgeek999 wrote:
Those willing to embrace the creative ambiguous nature of the game seem to really enjoy it. ...
Marmite anyone?

Not Marmite. I didn't hate it. I was just a bit "meh" about it. And that's as someone who enjoys both Dixit and Mysterium. Sorry to bust your pigeonhole...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.