Hide
33 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2  | 

Beds & Bucks Gamers» Forums » General

Subject: Wednesday 2nd November rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
No need to apologise Eric!
My pigeonhole (and opinion) remains unbusted.

Like I said - it is not for all people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oldskoolgeek999 wrote:
Like I said - it is not for all people.

Nice try at walking it back , but you didn't leave it at "not for all people". What you actually did was stereotype the people who wouldn't like it - incorrectly, as it turns out, since I really like some games in the same genre (love Mysterium, for example), but didn't feel this was a particularly great example. I'll happily admit that there are some types of games that just aren't my bag, but in this case that's not my reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Whatever Eric

What I did was state my opinion, which by the way is no less valuable than yours

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oldskoolgeek999 wrote:
Whatever Eric

What I did was state my opinion, which by the way is no less valuable than yours

When it's an opinion on what my and others' reasons for our own opinions are, it absolutely is. It's incredibly arrogant and rude to tell other people that you know better than they do why they hold a particular view - especially if you continue to insist on it after they explain to you otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
Bucks
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oldskoolgeek999 wrote:
I would say fans of Dixit, Cosmic Encounter, Cash n Guns, Spartacus, Resistance, Spyfall, etc should give it a go.

This simply won't do. You've compared the wonder that is Cosmic Encounter to Dixit and Spyfall. yuk

PS: I have an expansion for Shipwrights to hand to you next time we are both at club. Pete gave it to me to pass on to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tufty McTavish
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I never took to Cosmic Encounter, failed to grok Resistance, and very definitely don't admire Dixit. So I suspect I fall into Rob's categorisation here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Oh I'm sorry, is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fondue wrote:
Oh I'm sorry, is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour?

Sorry, the five minutes is up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.