Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kaleb Michaud
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found this on GRRMartin's website today. Is this an alternate art card or is it completely new? Either way, is it available without having to spend $200 on this collector's set?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1497/6204/products/Dany_Ca...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! It's an alternate art card (text and icons are the same as the core set card), but it looks nothing like the typical alt art cards that FFG produces in house, which are typically full bleed.

I wonder how one might acquire this item?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Alternate art only.

The card image that you linked to is the exact same as the Daenerys Targaryen card that comes in the core set, except for the artwork.

I gotta add that I like the art from the above card much better.

Edit: Whoops like I was ninja'd by Drew. So as long as I'm here again, I'll ask, what is the story behind the new card? Do you have a link to this "collector's" version that you're talking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What collectors set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CR7
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its supposed to be only attainable by buying the collector's edition of the new illustrated edition of A Game of Thrones. There is no other way to obtain it that i'm aware of. They made it specifically for that set.

I'm sure eventually there will be people selling them on ebay... I doubt that the majority of the purchasers of that book set have the LCG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CR7
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://grrmbox.com/?variant=20931763653
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Frogfan4 wrote:

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soulblight
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frogfan4 wrote:
I'm sure eventually there will be people selling them on ebay... I doubt that the majority of the purchasers of that book set have the LCG

If they are receiving the alt art card, then they receive a copy of the core set for the lcg as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.