Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Oliver
United States
Alta Loma
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my group just finished the prologue and the first session. It ended in a tie for first. I understand that the player with the lower rank breaks the tie.
I have a three part question -
With regards to the new event card titled "The pirate king demands respect", who does the pirate raid?
If the pirates rolled 3 or higher does the person get a glory?
Does this added glory affect the end game for who is the winner and gets the benefits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
If you look at your reference card for non-winter rounds you will see that resolving the event comes BEFORE determining if someone won the game. As such the Pirate King will attack the higher ranked person tied for the win. IF he gets the glory (by the Pirates rolling less than 2 or less sucesses) he will win the game.

Note that the glory is only if the Pirates FAIL their endeavor by rolling LESS than the required amount. At which point the card is destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Howard
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tie breaker is the current titles. So if the Prince and Count are tied for current glory, it's the Prince that gets raided.

You only get the +1 glory if the king gets 0/1 successes (and is defeated with you ripping up the card). As this resolves _before_ the stage to check for the winner, it can trigger game end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.