A Feast for Odin» Forums » Variants

Subject: Which Decks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Petersen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Currently we only play with B and C, but I just had a look through the A deck and some of the cards a pretty cool. So I was wondering which decks do you guys play with?

Also do you guys pick/draft from 2 or more starting occupations and (in solo) do you just pick one you want to try out?

I think it can suck a little if you get an occupation which suggests a strategy that you don't feel like playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We started with A-only for 2 games, then B-only, and I imagine we will try C-only eventually before potentially mixing things up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 3 or 4 solo, and 2 multi-player games. So far, I've only used the A deck. Haven't even broken the shrink wrap on B and C. Figured I'd get to know one set before branching out.

Haven't tried the "draw two, keep one" method yet, but I like the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh aka "OssianGrr"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Piggybacking off of your question:

I just got the game, and I'm definitely going to just get my feet wet with the A-deck only (and probably use that deck alone every time I teach), but I had the same question.

The book implies that you should either use A or B+C, but I'm thinking about just mixing all 3 of the decks together.

Is there any reason not to mix all 3 decks?
I haven't read the whole list of occupations, but is it maybe plausible to mix B + C + a subset of A for a "best-of" deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm not certain if the rules truly meant A or (B+C), or if that was a translation thing from German. I don't really know a reason why they can't be mixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Spain
Coruña
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A small bump to this thread since this is my main question. I've tried playing them separately and now i want to mix them all.

Are there strong synergies between jobs from the same deck? Does mixing dilute the jobs too much? Or does it open new awesome combos? So far, I've realized that if you limit yourself to one deck at the time, there are a few related jobs. Even so, you're gonna end up with a bunch of unusables.

I'd love to mix them -randomness FTW- but I'm a bit concerned about dilution. Any thoughts from those who had tried? Any recommendations coming down from Uwe?

also, I don't remember the book suggestion that you mix B+C. I'm gonna look it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.