Hide
5 Posts

Foe Hunters» Forums » General

Subject: Seems repetitive rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Glambeck
msg tools
Just played through the cult of oleg arth on the 2 player variant. I didn't even make it through my deck by the time we killed it. I only bought 2 cards the entire game from the city. We also ended the game with full health on the pathfinder and 37 on the paladin.....something just didn't feel right. Felt like we did something wrong. It felt like there was almost no options either. Can someone enlighten me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wice
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mb
Most people are saying the game is too hard. I love that about it though. It seems you somehow had the opposite experience and it was too easy.

Its odd that you did not buy more cards. Whenever xp is rewarded, ALL heroes get that xp added to their individual xp pools. The paladin can generate xp like a machine, as it seems most support characters can.

Additionally you may have been running the foe incorrectly if you defeated him that easily. Its hard for me to tell what you did differently to give you much advice from here though. Can you give any more details?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Glambeck
msg tools
Well we weren't rewarding experience to the whole party that's for sure.(correct me if I'm wrong here but the hero cards that award experience say that your hero gains experience not the whole party) also we never got to kill any cultists because three came out right away and spawned the boas after that he discards the cultists. I don't know what to tell you. We took damage for every card we played. Each foe phase we drew a card resolved it. I don't think the boss had a attack really other then when a cultist was drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Glambeck
msg tools
Playing the pirate deck today and we had a couple questions come up. Firstly do allies have to take damage for you or is it a choice? When the blood claw card says hero feat is it only referring to the feat listed on the hero card?

Edit* just beat the pirate with ease..... something is wrong if other people are having trouble and we aren't

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Lembcke
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Because of the way the cult is balanced, it will sometimes have pretty boring games like that. I don't think I have ever seen a game where only cultists are played, but it is a possibility. The cult is intended to be an easy foe that helps players (especially players that aren't familiar with similar games) learn the game without being too oppressive.

We actually hear from a handful of people every demo day we do that the cult is currently too hard! Unfortunately it was really hard to increase the difficulty due to RNG. Even smaller hikes in difficulty resulted in complete blowout turns.. they don't happen often, but I can imagine a new player sitting down for their first game getting decimated in the first three turns. It has happened to us in testing many times, lol. In the end it was either tune it down to accommodate more players, or make it harder for a smaller audience that wants the challenge. Ultimately, I felt it was better to try to accommodate as many people as possible.

Adding your questions to the FAQ!

Do allies have to take damage for you, or is it a choice?
Nearly every ally has a mandatory redirect as the first effect on the card. There are a handful of allies (Dorin's mount Bastion, for example) that say you may redirect damage, in this case you can chose to assign the damage to that specific ally, or your hero. There are a few different wordings for allies and redirects, such as:

*Redirect damage to an ally you control
*You may redirect damage to Xcard (or this card)
*Redirect damage to Xcard (or this card)

Some of the more powerful allies state that you have to redirect damage to that specific card. In this case you would have to assign damage to that ally first.

See page 9 of the rules for more info.

(Pathfinder) Blood Claw says when you use your hero feat. Is that the feat on your hero card?
Yes! When an object refers to a hero feat, it means the feat found on your hero card.

See page 8 under "using a feat" for more info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.