Ruud
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord - Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I recently unwrapped my base game of the king's pledge of Conan. Inside, I got a lot of French tiles (but also english tiles). Is this typical? A friend of mine mentioned that he didn't receive any french tiles.

Best,

Ruud
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Croquet
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, your friend probably made a mistake. French boxes contain some spare tiles in english and english boxes contain spare tiles in french.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The base game comes in either English or French and all tiles will be in that language along with the rules. Character cards and Skill descriptions are dual-sided, dual-language.
The Kickstarter specific boxes (King pledge/stretch goals) are combined French/English. They contain all the tiles and scenarios in both French and English. The layout of the tiles is...interesting...so it is not entirely obvious this is the case at first glance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There also seems to be 2 copies of each individual unit tile - either 2 for ones that are dual-language or 2 copies of each of the English and Franch versions. I'm guessing that this is for scenario options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Croquet
France
flag msg tools
mb
Mad-Halfling wrote:
There also seems to be 2 copies of each individual unit tile - either 2 for ones that are dual-language or 2 copies of each of the English and Franch versions. I'm guessing that this is for scenario options.

Yes, monsters and leaders come with 2 tiles to enable the overlord to activate them more often in some scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think that the OP simply unwrapped his box of stretch goals instead of the core box (my core box contents was in the SG box and vice versa as well, i had the same confusion when i opened the box with the core art first).

the SG come with both language tiles while the core only with your preferred language tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruud
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord - Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
i think that the OP simply unwrapped his box of stretch goals instead of the core box (my core box contents was in the SG box and vice versa as well, i had the same confusion when i opened the box with the core art first).

the SG come with both language tiles while the core only with your preferred language tiles.

Bit late. No it's the king pledge base game only. I have mummy tiles, skeleton tiles etc in both English and french. I just counted tiles, I got 75.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely have both English and French tiles in my base game (I'm in the US). I noticed it before I had even opened the stretch goal box. So this is wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruud
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord - Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirk Agathon wrote:
I definitely have both English and French tiles in my base game (I'm in the US). I noticed it before I had even opened the stretch goal box. So this is wrong?

Apparently not.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/posts/1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Palfreyman
Germany
Freising
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
veni, vidi, lusi, vici!
mbmbmbmbmb
My game arrived today. I'm having real trouble telling which tiles are the 42 necessary for the game and which are French/spare. Is there a list somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Traianus wrote:
My game arrived today. I'm having real trouble telling which tiles are the 42 necessary for the game and which are French/spare. Is there a list somewhere?

not directly, there is a thread with a full content list which makes some notes on the french doubles.

the rule: if you have two spellings for the same card, one is the french.
tiles with the same spelling aren't duplicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Palfreyman
Germany
Freising
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
veni, vidi, lusi, vici!
mbmbmbmbmb
asgorn wrote:
Traianus wrote:

not directly, there is a thread with a full content list which makes some notes on the french doubles.

the rule: if you have two spellings for the same card, one is the french.
tiles with the same spelling aren't duplicated.

Thanks! Thing is, if I do that then I end up with far more tiles than the 42 the rule book says you're meant to have...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
It really doesn't matter how many tiles you have. Because the scenario tells you exactly which ones to use. So you can't have too many of them in terms of gameplay.

Remove the french ones (french spelling) from the box, keep the rest.
But don't throw the french tiles away
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Abbath wrote:

never! You never know when you need a skeleton with a french accent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asgorn wrote:
Abbath wrote:

never! You never know when you need a skeleton with a french accent.

Not only might you need Jean-Luc the pirate for a scenario at some point, but one poster reported throwing away all his French tiles because he thought that all of the tiles were duplicated. As only those with different French/English spellings actually are duplicated, he ended up throwing away a good portion of his English tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.