Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Acin
United States
Coral Gables
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the scenario: 110 countries fighting each other, with each country being represented by 2 figures. That would be a total of 220 figures per country (if country x conquers the rest of the 109 countries, it will take 220 figures since each conquered country is represented by 2 figures).

That will be a total of 24,000 figures (100 countries times 200 figures each). What would you recommend I do as far as figures: is it better to go with plastic playset figures (Marx toys and the like) or to purchase various copies of Attack by eagle games, which comes with approximately 252 soliders per package (42 per player for 6 players) or is there another alternative to this issue.

It would be nice if each country could be represented by a different figure as opposed to the same figure in different colors, one color per country, but economics dictate that purchasing figures is an expensive hobby and my budget is approx. $3,000 or so for figures, and 96 copies of attack at $23 each is in the $2,400 range.

If you can recommend another game that could match or beat the number of soldiers in Attack, please let me know. You do not need to provide a link to the game, just the name will do fine, and the number of soldiers included in the game, if you have such data.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty M
Ireland
Fermoy
Co Cork
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't use miniatures - use tokens of some sort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
How in the world would you have 110 differentiable colors anyway?

In any event, Eagle Games sells the pieces from Attack (as well as a few other games with probably-suitable pieces) independently. Go here: http://www.eaglegames.net/game_pieces.shtml.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Now, there's a question that should occur to anyone thinking about doing this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
DarrellKH wrote:
Quote:

Now, there's a question that should occur to anyone thinking about doing this.

One might also wonder how Malta, for example, would go about conquering the world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty M
Ireland
Fermoy
Co Cork
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Not confusing at all. Ahem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be wrong but I don't think many people are interested in a 110 player world conquest boardgame. Maybe a computer game of this would work better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
elirlandes wrote:
NateStraight wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Not confusing at all. Ahem.

Heh... and you still haven't even broken 100 colors.

Throw in shades of black / white and you've got it, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
I could be wrong but I don't think many people are interested in a 110 player world conquest boardgame. Maybe a computer game of this would work better.

For all the curiousities and confusion inherent in the game, I think we should probably give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that players are going to be able to control more than one country... or that this is going to be some kind of educational or group participation game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Acin
United States
Coral Gables
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He he, sorry, it is a group type game with each player controlling a number of countries (how many countries each player controls, depends on the number of players). As for the colors, I already have them thru the Testors paints (over 140+ colors for the masters series).

Does anyone know if the pieces on the Attack game are hard plastic or soft? and what is the scale (in mm) of the pieces, at least the soldiers and planes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
jcikal wrote:
As for the colors, I already have them thru the Testors paints (over 140+ colors for the masters series).

Note that I said "differentiable," not "different." You could have a million colors if you really needed to, but there'd be no way anyone would be able to tell half of them apart. I think you're going to run into trouble once you get past a few dozen different colors that need to be differentiable, let alone 110. I can't imagine that people are going to be able to look at any possible pair of pieces (say, any one of the dozens [which there necessarily will be] shades of blue, green, red, etc) and tell them apart. Would make for a very difficult time playing the game, I would imagine.

I like the idea of tokens. You could use each country's flag on a small counter... easily differentiable, and thematic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Acin
United States
Coral Gables
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of tokens could I use? You mean like counters/chits? Each unit should have the flag of the country they represent. If anyone has any ideas as to the best way to "stick" a flag on the units (The attack! game plastic soldiers), please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Battle
United States
Chicago
flag msg tools
Maybe you could try a smaller version of the game first, to work out rules & etc. You could pick just one continent for example.

Another alternative to your plan might be to have one color of figure per player, with tokens placed alongside the miniatures denoting the figure's nationality

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.