$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Miniature Market] Carson City: Big Box Version - $99 (plus free shipping) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William H. Bonney
United States
Clovis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering that you can't buy this game anymore without dropping $170, paying $99 with free shipping makes this one a great deal. Enjoy!

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/quicarcty.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Miniature Market] Carson City: Big Box Version 50% off plus free shipping
I don't understand your headline. Is there some way to get half off?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William H. Bonney
United States
Clovis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Miniature Market] Carson City: Big Box Version
scifiantihero wrote:
I don't understand your headline. Is there some way to get half off?

Sorry. I copied and pasted the headline from a friend's email on to the 'Hot Deals' post. I just fixed the headline.

What I mean to say is that you'll save about $70 buying Carson City from Miniature market than you will anywhere else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William H. Bonney
United States
Clovis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PS It's a really fun game.

Check out Rahdo's Runthrough videos on it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this have the metal coins and other fancy bits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stokes
United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
Upgraded wooden tokens are not included. However, you can get most of the Kickstarter items here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pugmire
United States
Fayetteville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Love this game. Big Box is worth it even without the KS bits, IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Castle
United States
Mount Ephraim
New Jersey
flag msg tools
The one, the only, ...
badge
Keep calm and...MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is 100% worth it, trust.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmb
Don't forget the Broken Token Metal Coins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:

Wow, really? wow What are trying to do to us?

Do you sell extended warranties too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
Wow, really? wow What are trying to do to us? Do you sell extended warranties too?
But wait, there's more! For a limited time, a $250k pledge gets you four days in the new Carson City Theme Park.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William H. Bonney
United States
Clovis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been waiting to buy this game for a long while. I finally pulled the trigger after finding it on Miniature Market for $99 a few days ago.

It makes little difference that some of the custom meeples are not included IMHO. This Big Box version of the game comes with all the upgraded characters, building tiles and expansions etc-- and that is what makes the game complete.

The custom meeples some people are talking about are unnecessary and merely replace existing tiles in the game and that's it. In fact, more wooden pieces may cause a storage problem down the line trying to fit all the pieces in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William H. Bonney
United States
Clovis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
exar_DC wrote:

Agreed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, it's awesome.

The *only* thing I miss from the Kickstarter version are the Player Aids. And thats just cause I'm lazy and want to make my life easier

All the bits are great and the game feels totally complete.

Great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see this get into stores in America. We were told this would not happen. Someone was not honest with us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DomaGB wrote:
Glad to see this get into stores in America. We were told this would not happen. Someone was not honest with us.

Did you really think no retailer would import copies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy Mesa wrote:
DomaGB wrote:

Yeah, technically this isn't U.S. distribution since MM imported these. It's not Quined Games distributing them here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William H. Bonney
United States
Clovis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:

While I do indeed look forward to purchasing these metal tokens one day, the price is really steep. At $60 for the set(not including shipping) one might as well use real money as currency for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Ball
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In just the last two weeks I purchased the metal coins (not for the game, but as upgraded components for any game). The $1 "pennies" feel a little light, but the rest are solidly worth the money if you look at the prices vs. other metal game coinage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy Mesa wrote:
DomaGB wrote:

We were told this would not be in America. There was no thought process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Howe
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neiltherealdeal wrote:
exar_DC wrote:

Agreed.

Same here. For $99 this is an insta-buy. I Kickstarted this one and it was very much worth the wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BobBallVO wrote:
In just the last two weeks I purchased the metal coins (not for the game, but as upgraded components for any game). The $1 "pennies" feel a little light, but the rest are solidly worth the money if you look at the prices vs. other metal game coinage.
I agree, the 1's do feel light, but the cloisonne 20's and start marker make up for it. They really are extravagant and there's not many games I could justify the expense for, but I splurged for Carson City.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William H. Bonney
United States
Clovis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
BobBallVO wrote:
I agree, the 1's do feel light, but the cloisonne 20's and start marker make up for it. They really are extravagant and there's not many games I could justify the expense for, but I splurged for Carson City.

When you say that the 1's are light? Is this a concern because they feel flimsy? Are the easy to bend or break, or are they sturdy? I am curious because I am interested in purchasing this coin set very soon. I would appreciate any feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
neiltherealdeal wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
BobBallVO wrote:

When you say that the 1's are light? Is this a concern because they feel flimsy? Are the easy to bend or break, or are they sturdy? I am curious because I am interested in purchasing this coin set very soon. I would appreciate any feedback.
The 1's are about the same width and diameter of a penny, but they only weigh .5 grams, whereas a penny weighs over 3 grams. They're just surprisingly light when you pick them up, but I think they're perfectly sturdy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DomaGB wrote:
Andy Mesa wrote:
DomaGB wrote:

We were told this would not be in America. There was no thought process.

I'm sure what you were told was that it would not be distributed in America. There aren't people at the border blocking copies from coming in. Anyone can just import copies and sell them, and a lot of online game stores do exactly that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.