$15.00
Carlos Vivas Pérez
Spain
Arroyomolinos
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi ¡¡
As far as I know, and with the information of the GMT update email (September 16, 2016), the release of the game will be during the 2nd quarter 2017.
It´s not a bad idea to wait for it, second hand copies are really expensive.
Regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
lapipas wrote:
Hi ¡¡
As far as I know, and with the information of the GMT update email (September 16, 2016), the release of the game will be during the 2nd quarter 2017.
It´s not a bad idea to wait for it, second hand copies are really expensive.
Regards.

This date has been consistently pushed back for the past 2 years. I wouldn't put faith that it's going to come out second quarter 2012.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I see copies on ebay every once in a while going for about $60.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A A
United States
Sylvania
Oh
flag msg tools
Streven wrote:

Well if its good condition I would be totally fine with that price. I just cant find it even on ebay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chaosduck7 wrote:
Streven wrote:

Well if its good condition I would be totally fine with that price. I just cant find it even on ebay

With eBay, timing is everything. There have been several of these selling for as low as $25-40 over the past couple of months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keeler
Germany
Mittelbrunn
Rhineland-Palatinate
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
Chaosduck7 wrote:
Streven wrote:

With eBay, timing is everything. There have been several of these selling for as low as $25-40 over the past couple of months.

Agree that timing is everything. I am the buyer of the Buy-It-Now for $25 item (the second photo down). Very good deal on an unpunched first edition. All of the components are in great condition. The rule book was heavily highlighted and marked....but so what? I downloaded and printed the 2nd edition rules. The box shows some wear, but I bought this game to play it, not admire it on my shelf.

I got really tired of waiting for the reprint which has been continually pushed back for the last 4 years. I deleted my pre-order for the 2nd edition reprint, but kept my pre-order for Vol II.

Currently punching and trimming counters, put the cards in good quality sleeves. going through various quick start guides and examples of play from BGG users and GMT. I have waited so long for the Vol I reprint....this will be the next game on my table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Leander
Texas
flag msg tools
Quote:
...the reprint which has been continually pushed back for the last 4 years.

Both Fields of Fire and it's sequel are listed as "Made the Cut - In Art and Final Development" on GMT.... do you mean its been in that state for years already? Is that normal for the P500 list?

Sorry, but I'm a total noob with wargames and preorder systems like P500. There's several on the P500 list I'm interested in and I'd like to calibrate my expectations about ship dates. I would have guessed that a game would take 1-2 years at most after "making the cut"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keeler
Germany
Mittelbrunn
Rhineland-Palatinate
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The length of time depends on the game and the designer's development progress.

I placed my P500 pre-orders for both Fields of Fire Vol I reprint and Vol II in early March 2013. So, I overstated MY 4 year wait by a few months. However, I did not pre-order as soon as they were posted on P500 as I was not aware of what the game system was about until March 2013. Other games move quite quickly through the P500 process to production. It just depends. GMT are the only ones that can really say why some games move quickly from "made the cut" to "production" and others don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Dave
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a first edition in great shape, mostly unpunched, that I never thought about selling until I read this. I'm not likely to play until after the second edition finally gets printed, so it makes sense for this awesome game to go to a place where it will get the love it deserves.

I got it from another trade on BGG. It hasn't been played even half a dozen times. I can provide more detail for anyone interested. PM me if you like. If I sell it I will get on the P500 for the reprint.

I've never sold on BGG so you'll have to walk me through it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
danberniekeeler wrote:
The length of time depends on the game and the designer's development progress.

I placed my P500 pre-orders for both Fields of Fire Vol I reprint and Vol II in early March 2013. So, I overstated MY 4 year wait by a few months. However, I did not pre-order as soon as they were posted on P500 as I was not aware of what the game system was about until March 2013. Other games move quite quickly through the P500 process to production. It just depends. GMT are the only ones that can really say why some games move quickly from "made the cut" to "production" and others don't.

I guess it hasn't quite been for years. I think I p500ed Vol 2 (I already had one) on March 13th, 2013. And I think that was day 1 (or pretty early).

Either way, the designer has been on deployment a bit (I think) and it's been pushed back quite a few times. It's not really the norm (as I've p500ed at least 5 or 6 games since then that I've already received. I don't know what the holdup is, but I imagine it has something to do with Ben (deployment or something). I'm hoping it's almost done, though, as the system is great and a new rulebook and volume will create a lot of buzz I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keeler
Germany
Mittelbrunn
Rhineland-Palatinate
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have heard also about Ben being deployed. But I've also heard of other issues as well. Bottom line is that I don't know what the reasons are for the delays.

But I stated in another thread that the long delays could be causing real problems for this series for both Ben and GMT:

1. Hard feelings and backlash if the production quality and value of the games don't quite live up to the ever-increasing expectations after such a long delay.

2. Losing opportunities to leverage the popularity of the series into additional titles.

The solution that I offered is for GMT to convince Ben to take on at least one experienced development partner to complete Vol I for reprint and Vol II for production. GMT should, if necessary, partially or completely buy Ben out of the rights to series. I understand that maybe these games are Ben's baby, but the popularity of Vol I and the response to Vol II on P500 really point to much greater business potential for this game series to continue into additional titles. Ben and GMT are missing a real opportunity with the long delays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tyson
United States
Landing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT has stated in one of their newsletters, and also on the forum at CSW, that there will be delays in getting games out due to an overhaul of their production/inventory software. Their business has been growing, and the older systems they were using just weren't up to the job anymore. So, in an effort to make sure everything is set up correctly, they are delaying games so that they can ensure they have a good solid working base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on years of prior discussion and newsletters, the Fields of Fire Vol. 1 reprint is primary delayed because (1) GMT would like to print both of the titles around the same time, IIRC, due to it being easier to print both at the same time, and (2) Ben has been on deployment, so the development and finalization of Vol. 2 has been delayed. But there's more than a little bit of conjecture on my part, in both of those statements.

Ultimately, the reason for the delay doesn't matter. I would honestly be surprised if this newest time frame sticks. If you want to play this game in any reasonable amount of time, I would buy a used copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Dave
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need a little help here-

I inventoried my first edition, and will put it up for sale if it's not too much trouble. The intent is to get it to someone that can't wait for the next edition to finally be printed, but basically cost me nothing. So, I want to sell it at replacement value- the $52 for the current second edition, plus shipping and handling. Obviously, if the market won't bear what I charge, then I have charged to much and will react accordingly. (Probably just not sell.) I don't plan to make money but I don't want this to cost me anything, either.

Basically, I charge replacement cost for a game that is in very good shape, which is $52 (the cost of FoF reprint) plus GMT's shipping to me. But... the shipping cost estimator won't give me a number.

I just preordered FoF 2nd ed. but it won't estimate shipping. Any suggestions? I don't know what to charge. Is $15 too much? $12? Any suggestions?

Also, I have never sold on BGG. Do I pay the 3% as seller, or does the buyer? (If I want this to cost me nothing other than my time, then I guess i need to add that to the S&H plus the $52.)

Your wisdom is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You pay the 3% as the seller.

Guide to Selling Games on BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Dave
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
You pay the 3% as the seller.

Guide to Selling Games on BGG

Wow. That is some serious rapid response administration.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Dave
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just put it on the marketplace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.