Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
4 or 5 heroes, 6 new monsters, 2 more worldds and another peril die.

Odd they are telling us more about the Temple Heroes than the core game

Stretch Goals

Nice to see a couple of less frequently seen Japanese monsters (Horinago, Akaname) among that line up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroes
Fortress Hero writeups

Play as the stalwart Samurai Warrior, using your mastery of the Katana and your bushido code of honor to defeat your foes in combat, the nimble and deadly ninja Assassin, using stealth and speed as weapons, the Traveling Monk, a member of an ancient Yamabushi order devoted to fighting supernatural creatures wherever they may be found, and the powerful and mystic Sorceress, who wields Elemental Magik to crush her enemies

Temple Hero writeups.

Enforcer – An outlaw and a gangster, the Enforcer is an anti-Hero renegade who favors brute strength and intimidation over elegant fighting weapons and technique. His tattooed body is hardened and scarred from a lifetime of brutal brawling.

Geisha – Beautiful but deadly, the Geisha is a cunning and stealthful fighter. She employs deception and trickery to evade and confuse enemies, while slashing with her hidden blade from behind. Her comforting presence can heal the Heroes, both body and soul, to keep them in the fight.

Soldier – The Soldier is a veteran of warfare who has seen many battles and is an expert marksman with his Rifle. Though he does not have the style or family heritage of the Samurai, he is a hardened foot soldier that has access to a variety of different weapons and training.

Kitsune – A guardian spirit, the Kitsune has come forward to defend this world against the demons and creatures that would threaten to destroy it. Taking on a human-fox form, the Kitsune uses supernatural tricks and auras to protect the Heroes, while darting between enemies to deliver killing blows with her deadly blades.

Kickstarter Exclusive
Sumo – A massive and imposing figure, the Sumo has trained all his life for unarmed battle in the wrestling ring. But when Demons and Monsters sweep across the land, he answers the call, stepping out of the ring and onto the battlefield.

Mounted on a 40mm base, the Sumo is the first ever large size Hero. He uses his weight and strength to mercilessly crush his foes, pushing enemies around the board and body slamming them with unbridled fury.

Samurai Daimyo – A clan leader and military general, the Samurai Daimyo uses strategy and tactics to outwit and outmaneuver his opponents. As a powerful commander and trained Samurai warrior, he leads his armies into combat, for honor and glory!

The Samurai Daimyo starts each adventure with up to 3 Armored Ashigaru Foot Soldier Allies to command. In addition to being a skilled fighter, the Daimyo is also a natural leader, and many of his skills and abilities focus on giving bonuses to the rest of the Heroes and his Foot Soldiers

Couple of odd naming choices there (Soldier rather than Ashigaru or Yamabushi, calling the Ninja an Assassin) and depending on where they are drawing from for the Kitsune there could be some interesting abilities (Mind control/Possession and Teleportation wouldn't be out of place).

If nothing else the Soldier should be a good place to start for a normal Shadows' Buffalo Soldier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Florio
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Heroes I'm most excited to play:

1. Traveling Monk
2. Daimyo
3. Soldier
4. Sorceress
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Embree
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm really looking forward to the Kitsune. I'm going to glue a cowboy hat on him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the Damiyo's got two more minion types (Bannerman and conscripts)

We've unlocked everything on the above SG list (including Weebo Lloth)
And Flaming Diseased Skeletons. And the first of the always important extra Artifact supplements. though the Second (the Belly of the Beast one) is the more important.

So it's those conscripts and the Goryu still to unlock.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Goryu and the Onmoraki both spawn minion undead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Easton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
So, the list says:

27 multi piece hard plastic, 32mm scale game miniatures

Does that mean we have to put the minis together again? The pieces in the first ones did not fit together very well (although I admit I am not very good with this kind of thing). I would be MUCH more interested if the minis came assembled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
biscotti75 wrote:
So, the list says:

Does that mean we have to put the minis together again? The pieces in the first ones did not fit together very well (although I admit I am not very good with this kind of thing). I would be MUCH more interested if the minis came assembled.

Yes. There's a "Game Miniatures" section just above the shipping info that specifies that the minis will require assembly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
biscotti75 wrote:
So, the list says:

Assembly will be required. That being said I did notice that the Tredarrans for example were easier to assemble than the core box figures (If rather more pieces) and I think it looks like they were all designed in software this time which should make the conversion to decent plastic figures more likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They updated the campaign page to show everything currently included:

Shogun - $300 pledge

Sumo - $100 pledge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.