GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,217 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization» Forums » Rules

Subject: War over technology rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rajko Rajko
msg tools
War over techonology card says that when I win a war I can steal blue technology cards instead of sience points. Is this always true or only when the opponent doesnt have enough points?

Example: Suppose that the war brings me 20 science points from the opponent who has 30 of them. Can I take one blue technology from him and the difference in points or do I need to take 20 points from his total 30 science points.

What happens if I have the same blue techonology of the same level already in play. Can I still steal it from him and throw it away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill K
United States
Unspecified
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rajko123 wrote:
War over technology card says that when I win a war I can steal blue technology cards instead of science points. Is this always true or only when the opponent doesn't have enough points?

It is always true: there is no limitation placed on when Special Technologies can be taken.

rajko123 wrote:
What happens if I have the same blue technology of the same level already in play. Can I still steal it from him and throw it away?

I would say no, as a standard rule to TtA is that you can't have two copies of the same exact Technology card (either in play or in your hand).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sophia Lechner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smash62bill wrote:
rajko123 wrote:
What happens if I have the same blue technology of the same level already in play. Can I still steal it from him and throw it away?

I would say no, as a standard rule to TtA is that you can't have two copies of the same exact Technology card (either in play or in your hand).

Correct. Obligatory rulebook quote:
TTA Rulebook page 3: Resolving a War wrote:
A player cannot steal a special technology that is the same as one he or she already has in play or in hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JemL wrote:
Smash62bill wrote:
rajko123 wrote:

Correct. Obligatory rulebook quote:
TTA Rulebook page 3: Resolving a War wrote:
A player cannot steal a special technology that is the same as one he or she already has in play or in hand.
Just to add: you can though steal an inferior technology, which will be discarded (say, you have Strategy and steal Warfare).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.