Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronald Estes
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big fan of this game's compactness and portability, but I've been thinking about cobbling together a stay-at-home 3-D version with hand-painted wooden board and bits. If anybody else has already done something like this or is thinking about doing so, I'd love to see examples or get advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gordon seahorn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Sounds like a cool project. I don't have any valuble advice to offer, but I'd love to see whatever you come up with if you decide to tackle it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clarence Chambers
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I'm always up for some board-game eye candy. Would you be making the board and components bigger, or sticking with the same scale?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been fooling around with Marvel Heroclix incorporated into the Capes and Cowls game. We made the board bigger (not any more spaces, just bigger spaces to accomdate the stands of the Hero Clix figures). We use the same rules as regular Capes and Cowls, and made the cards for each character with attack, defense, speed and vigor, and gave each 3 powers. We have 64 characters, 11 X-men; 11 Brotherhood of Mutants; 12 Avengers; 12 Masters of Evil; 4 Spiderman Group; 4 Sinister Syndicate; 5 Fantastic 4 (She-Hulk; 5 Legion of Doom. Some of the orginal powerds from Capes and Cowls translate well to Marvel characters, but we made up some new ones as well. We even have their pictures on the cards and a comic book style font.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Estes
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I follow through with the idea, I'd want to keep the look, feel, and scale of everything as is. I just thought it might be fun to have a stay-at-home set of 3-D scene features and objects--in particular buildings and trees. Though, now that I think about it, I guess the buildings would have to be somehow destructible, to take into account the damage they might sustain from super-strong characters or special powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I'll mourn over the marble steps, Junkies of the world lay across the monuments, I climb and blister on the mount, Drunks take a piss where heroes once bled out
mbmbmbmbmb
Mandrake wrote:
If I follow through with the idea, I'd want to keep the look, feel, and scale of everything as is. I just thought it might be fun to have a stay-at-home set of 3-D scene features and objects--in particular buildings and trees. Though, now that I think about it, I guess the buildings would have to be somehow destructible, to take into account the damage they might sustain from super-strong characters or special powers.

Sounds very interesting! Keep us up to date with developments and pictures.

I'm interested to see how you'll handle city blocks and when a space is reduced to rubble!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul O
United States
Encinitas
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that you've uploaded photos of your 3D board -- it looks terrific? How do you handle game play without colors or numbers on the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Estes
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just keep the official battleboard alongside the 3-D setup and use it as a key.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clarence Chambers
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome! You actually pulled it off. Can I have it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls