Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Sbirakos
Australia
Canberra, ACT
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to experience the full Armageddon scenario plus advanced rules as described in the rule book for Chitin: I. Since I had spent a considerable amount of time building the game from the redesigned art layout from Scott Everts, it was high time to get this to the table.

The rules add a layer of complexity that make the game very satisfying and yet not difficult at all. However, Armageddon as the name suggests is an all in affair and extremely brutal and bloody - close in pitched battles. Using the flying units (Plunge units) that can attack anywhere within a mega-hex can cause some problems for your opponent (or yourself) and the counter to the plunge insects are the Arch Reapers that can launch their tale spikes - with devastating consequences for the Plunge insects.

Overall, whilst my opponent and I found the scenario fun, we think the advanced scenario with a limit of build points might be the way to go - there is more room for maneuver and tactical variety. In the end, I ended up losing... which kind of upset me... so next time!

Here are some photos of the game in progress: I'm in the Green.

After initial deployment and Turn.

Opposing forces about to engage. Note the green plunge unit in the upper left corner causing some nuisance for the red player. A strategy I tried to employ was to target his workers, that carry off the food and other dead units for points. This worked but only up to a point. cry

This photo shows the consequence of a series of attacks and counterattacks for both sides. I didn't take any more photos unfortunately, however when/if I get together with my friend, we shall try the advanced scenario with the build points limit and will post more photos right through to the bitter end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice report and you did a wonderful job on the build!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Oliver
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job - Looks like an interesting battle.

What did you use for the bases of the game pieces??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Thanks for the article and photographs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sbirakos
Australia
Canberra, ACT
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Nice report and you did a wonderful job on the build!

Thank you, Scott. Heck of a lot of fun to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sbirakos
Australia
Canberra, ACT
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snowdash wrote:
Great job - Looks like an interesting battle.

What did you use for the bases of the game pieces??

Thank you, Stephen. I suppose the battle is interesting in the sense of huge numbers of opposing forces clashing with very little room to maneuver. That is really it and certainly it was fun. I'm pretty sure the advanced scenario would be far more interesting.

I purchased the plastic squares from this place:

http://www.edex.com.au/square-colour-tiles-set-of-400.html

and the round pieces are small diameter dowel rods that I purchased pretty cheaply from a hardware store. I individually sawed through them and yes, a little tedious, but its akin to clipping counters - almost zen like...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sbirakos
Australia
Canberra, ACT
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pete belli wrote:
Excellent. Thanks for the article and photographs.

Your welcome, Pete. Best to you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.