Subject: Battle of Mempa set-up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Wilsdon
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
At the beginning of the game, if I start my first ship within the 4" x 8" starting area and within range 2 of an objective, can I place my second ship in its sector and use it on the first turn? There is nothing to indicate that I can't get a reinforcement on the first turn, but it seems contrary to the idea of a reinforcement that it would arrive before any ships move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Johnsen
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That seems valid to me, too. Claiming a sector and placing a reinforcement ship both happen during the Planning Phase, and nothing says that it can't happen on the first turn. I haven't tried measuring between the starting area and the objective tokens, but it should definitely be possible with a large-base ship that doesn't fit completely in the starting box, like a big cube or DS9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Wilsdon
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
According to my measuring stick, a regular base in the corner of the starting area will trigger a reinforcement. I would be happy with a rule that read: "Reinforcement ships are brought into play beginning with the second planning phase of the game."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Peters
msg tools
Seeing as you can only claim an area in the end of the activation phase, and your reinforcements only come on in the end phase. I would say no you can not get 2 ships turn 0. Your first turn should get should get each player one reinforcement ship.

Unless you do a trick I found which is to have a Ramon Warbird with a captain with the "InCha" talent. You make 2 movements of 6Straight. This should mean you are contesting that first area and you are equipped to win that 1v1 fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Johnsen
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
CrazyVulcan wrote:
Seeing as you can only claim an area in the end of the activation phase, and your reinforcements only come on in the end phase.

Not so:

CONTROLLING A SECTOR wrote:

DURING THE PLANNING PHASE, the player with the most ships in a sector controls that sector.

REINFORCEMENT SHIPS wrote:

Reinforcement ships that are brought into play are set up during the Planning Phase.

Neither one says anything about either the Activation Phase or End Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Peters
msg tools
MormegilND wrote:
CrazyVulcan wrote:
Seeing as you can only claim an area in the end of the activation phase, and your reinforcements only come on in the end phase.

Not so:

CONTROLLING A SECTOR wrote:

DURING THE PLANNING PHASE, the player with the most ships in a sector controls that sector.

REINFORCEMENT SHIPS wrote:

Reinforcement ships that are brought into play are set up during the Planning Phase.

Neither one says anything about either the Activation Phase or End Phase.

Hmm that is interesting. If they made it so you can only have control at the end of your turn it would be better. More slow paced and makes the control more strategic. As written though now you can easily get three ships out on the field turn 2. Which kind of defeats the groups of what I think is the most interesting OP in some time. Its the Doomsday Machine all over again where you can game the scenario to be a nonissue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.