8 Posts

Shadowrun: Crossfire» Forums » General

Subject: About tbe Scenes Endings in the Extraction Mission rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Andrade
Brazil
flag msg tools
Well, I've played this one for quite a while but still don't get it when it comes to the third and fifth rounds. In the client chart, it says the scene ends in those specific rounds, but do I get to play cards, apply damage and buy cards in the Black Market? Kinda confused about what I should do in these rounds.

And what is the purpose of ending a scene in this mission anyway? The concept of rounds is more of a timer to this job the scene concept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some stickers that can be used once per scene, that's the only reason scenes are mentioned in Extraction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
msg tools
mbmbmb
What Jonas said + in the High Caliber Ops expansion there are some card effects that scale with the scene number. But no, you don't get to do anything special (such as healing or buying cards) at the end of the scene.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Rascon
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also the specific things mentioned in the mission you can do after each scene. Very important not to skip those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also (and I could be wrong as I don't have the rules in front of me, so please double check this), as a general rule, I believe that when a Scene ends, you take the current Crossfire card and put it on the bottom of the deck. That way, it doesn't go to the Crossfire discard pile. This is important for two reasons: 1) it won't trigger any discard (Timebomb) effects, and 2) it won't be part of the discard pile for effects that trigger only on "X+ Crossfire discards". That little bit will save your bacon all the time.

Edit: Found a copy of the rules and double-checked. This isn't a result of ending a Scene, but rather if at the end of any runner's turn there are no obstacles in play. Since this naturally ends a Scene in the Crossfire mission, I wasn't clear at first on what triggered this to happen but the rules spell it out (pg. 12).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
morgothrond wrote:
There are also the specific things mentioned in the mission you can do after each scene. Very important not to skip those.

Correct, but this specific mission does not have any of these rules. That's why he was asking why it specifies when a scene ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Sanders
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Webhead123 wrote:
Also (and I could be wrong as I don't have the rules in front of me, so please double check this), as a general rule, I believe that when a Scene ends, you take the current Crossfire card and put it on the bottom of the deck. That way, it doesn't go to the Crossfire discard pile. This is important for two reasons: 1) it won't trigger any discard (Timebomb) effects, and 2) it won't be part of the discard pile for effects that trigger only on "X+ Crossfire discards". That little bit will save your bacon all the time.

Edit: Found a copy of the rules and double-checked. This isn't a result of ending a Scene, but rather if at the end of any runner's turn there are no obstacles in play. Since this naturally ends a Scene in the Crossfire mission, I wasn't clear at first on what triggered this to happen but the rules spell it out (pg. 12).

I think this is also mission specific to the crossfire mission. the extraction mission doesn't really have mission specific scene rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ItaiSanders wrote:
I think this is also mission specific to the crossfire mission. the extraction mission doesn't really have mission specific scene rules.

I don't think so. That rule is listed in the rulebook in the "How to Play" section, under the subtitle "Removing a Crossfire Event vs. Discarding It". All of the coverage in the How to Play section is general turn structure and game play mechanisms. It seems to be a general rule for when to remove Crossfire Event cards. Again, it's not tied to "Scenes" at all, except in the case of the Crossfire mission where the two happen to overlap, but it's worth pointing out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.