BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Press Releases

Subject: Tabletop Companion: a better android scoring app rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Becker
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Tabletop Companion is the digital solution to scoring all of your favorite board games. Track all of your past games with the ability to view player statistics over the course of several games.

There is no need to remember all of those annoying scoring rules and there is no need to grab a calculator to total up the scores for everyone. Tabletop Companion does it all for you!

Want to know which game you win the most? Want to know how often you win overall? Just check out the player statistics section.

Games currently included are, Abyss, Agricola, 7 Wonders, 7 Wonders: Duel, Carcassonne, Lords of Waterdeep, Ticket to Ride & Five Tribe

We welcome feedback, positive or negative. Let us know what you think.

Check us out on Google Play or Facebook

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting for an app that allows you to create your own custom scoring rules for games without the author having to hard-code them in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Roesch
United States
Hutto
Texas
flag msg tools
Dienes wrote:
Still waiting for an app that allows you to create your own custom scoring rules for games without the author having to hard-code them in.

Totally agree with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Becker
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Dienes wrote:

Can you give me an example of something you would customize? It may be possible to add in some house rule options for each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it also have a generic mode for games with simple scoring needs like Star Realms?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Brbecker87 wrote:
Dienes wrote:

Can you give me an example of something you would customize? It may be possible to add in some house rule options for each game.

What I'm looking for is an app that does not come with "support for game xyz" but instead let's you create your own game profiles with a set of scoring rules. You specify a bunch of number fields and then some if/then rules to turn those into scores and a total. I don't mind a small scripting language or a flow chart editor or something as long as the game profiles can be shared with others.

Yes it's more work and not what this app aims for, but there are tons of scoring apps and you end up with a large bunch of them because they all support different games (or often only one single game). A unified app that works for potentially all games is much needed IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Becker
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
ampoliros wrote:
Does it also have a generic mode for games with simple scoring needs like Star Realms?

This is already in the works. It should be available in the next update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Becker
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
We are looking for input from the community. Which games would you like to see next?

We are currently working adding the ability to create a profile and store commonly played games to help streamline the process. Stay tuned for further updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Alphey
Australia
New Norfolk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Support for Windows Phone please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.