Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Agricola, Master of Britain» Forums » Rules

Subject: Official Errata Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys, every game I do, I think I'm going to get it out there with zero errata, and every time, there's some little thing or another that slips by despite all the editing and proofreading and rereading. And Agricola, Master of Britain has proven to be no exception. And thus, the official errata thread.

Now, since we do produce the games via print-on-demand, we will be incorporating these into the rulebook proper for subsequent printings. (Right now, I'm in the midst of re-laying out the counters so that they're more color-blind friendly, and once that happens, and is incorporated into the rulebook, any errata we have found will be folded into it as well so we're not driving our printer crazy with constant revisions.)

5.2 - Garrison Action
Change "Remove one Battle Unit" to "Remove one Legionary Battle Unit"; only Legionary Battle Units can serve as garrisons. Possible variant under testing: tribal units belonging to that same region can be used as garrisons.

5.2 - Peacekeeping Action
To the restrictions, add "There must not be any Tribal Units in the box in which the Action takes place. The Legion must move before taking this action." That is, Peacekeeping is contingent on being able to move your Legion to an empty box. Yes, you can use this to move into a Legionary Camp.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Triantafyllidis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Devon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Yes, you can use this to move into a Legionary Camp


Thanks Tom.Now i realize the meaning behind ...the '' Camps count as being in the Blue region'' in the rulebook Peacekeeping Action explanation
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:
5.2 - Peacekeeping Action
To the restrictions, add "There must not be any Tribal Units in the box in which the Action takes place. The Legion must move before taking this action." That is, Peacekeeping is contingent on being able to move your Legion to an empty box. Yes, you can use this to move into a Legionary Camp.


add-my emphasis



OK, I must be getting dim as I'm getting older.

1. Does the original limitation still apply? i.e. can't be done if a Tribal Leader is in any Region.
Or has that rule been confined to the dustbin? (It's not mentioned at all in RB4, the latest edition of the living rules)

2. The rules talk about Garrisons and Settlements.
What's a Camp?
How do they "count as being in the Blue region"?


EDIT.
I sorted No.2 out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pierre Le Bear wrote:
tomrussell wrote:
5.2 - Peacekeeping Action
To the restrictions, add "There must not be any Tribal Units in the box in which the Action takes place. The Legion must move before taking this action." That is, Peacekeeping is contingent on being able to move your Legion to an empty box. Yes, you can use this to move into a Legionary Camp.


add-my emphasis



OK, I must be getting dim as I'm getting older.

1. Does the original limitation still apply? i.e. can't be done if a Tribal Leader is in any Region.
Or has that rule been confined to the dustbin? (It's not mentioned at all in RB4, the latest edition of the living rules)


It has been confined to the dustbin of history. The new version of the Peacekeeping Action completely supersedes the previous ones. This rule is closer to the original intention of the rule, while preventing (or at least discouraging) abuse that can lead to a feedback loop of the cup constantly going empty.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tom.

PLB.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.