Subject: A few question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a solo-ish play to make sure I learned the rules.
However, I assembled a list of questions and clarifications.

1) The Union of Arras seems to indicate that the slit orange yellow spaces become Spanish core. I can find nothing to say that they were not core before this event. Also, how does this effect the construction of Walloons. I really just need and explanation for this.

2) What happens to ships in spaces under siege. I think they can move, but if the space fall are the ships destroyed?

3) Can a player use a combination of cards and treasures to declare war or must it be one larger card?

Finally I find the troops in the area tend to cover up their spaces and I cannot always tell if the space is protestant or catholic. How do you guys deal with that. Any suggestions are welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
1) They were core Spanish, but now they are nolonger core Dutch. Which means no +1 die in rebellions and no unit construction there by Prots if he should get one of those spaces.
No change to Walloon construction - still the only unit that Spain can build in Netherlands.

Edit: Additionally it also means, that if Prots have made his capital in a split orange/yellow space, the capital is removed and send to the turn track. This is done since the Prot capitals must be in a home space for the relevant faction (Dutch or Hug).

2) Yes. Yes.

3) Combi allowed. Even one which overpays.

4) I mostly play online on vassal, but it is a problem in real life play. Maybe have the troops to a side when possible (like out in the water for coastal spaces).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten Ronteltap
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
An Arab and a Spaniard playing chess in a tent. Miniature from Libro de los Juegos ("Book of Games"), commissioned by Alfonso X in Toledo (Spain), 1283.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dalek5 wrote:
Finally I find the troops in the area tend to cover up their spaces and I cannot always tell if the space is protestant or catholic. How do you guys deal with that. Any suggestions are welcome.

Try these: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/83496/vq-army-boxes. Really works for us!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.