6 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: missions in destroyed systems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sir benji
Canada
flag msg tools
Can missions be performed in destroyed systems?

For example, "In support of the mon calarmari" is a rebel mission which can be attempted in the mon calamari system to either gain 2 loyalty there, or add a cruiser to the queue. In our game, Mon Calarmari has been destroyed by the death star. Obviously, gaining 2 loyalty is now impossible, but adding a cruiser to the queue might still be possible? It doesn't make much thematic sense, but just wondering if there's a rule on this.

Also, more generally it'd be good to know if missions are ever possible in destroyed systems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Destroyed systems keep their names, so you can fulfill missions in them that require that specific system, but they no longer have loyalty or resource icons. You could still add a cruiser to the queue in your example, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mb
sir_benji wrote:
Can missions be performed in destroyed systems?

For example, "In support of the mon calarmari" is a rebel mission which can be attempted in the mon calamari system to either gain 2 loyalty there, or add a cruiser to the queue. In our game, Mon Calarmari has been destroyed by the death star. Obviously, gaining 2 loyalty is now impossible, but adding a cruiser to the queue might still be possible? It doesn't make much thematic sense, but just wondering if there's a rule on this.

Also, more generally it'd be good to know if missions are ever possible in destroyed systems.

Yes, according to the FAQs under frequent asked question

Quote:
Q: Can missions and action cards be attempted or resolved in
destroyed systems?
A: Yes. For example the “Seek Yoda” mission card be resolved in
the Dagobah system even if Dagobah has been destroyed.

As for thematic justification, the system is made up by many planets. Just because Death Star destroy one of the big one, doesn't meant there's still some other planet in the same system that can't do the mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Also I imagine if the empire destroyed Mon Calamari the surviving Mon Calamaris would be pretty pissed and willing to give you their ships. But you couldn't gain influence there because the planet is gone. Pretty thematic if you ask me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Osterman
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So point of clarity:

Death Star blows up Kashyyyk. It orbits the wreckage with it's 4 flights of TIE Fighters. Han Solo leads a "Wookie Uprising" and it goes unopposed because I was laughing too hard to oppose it.

So he gets 1 Loyalty (which yeah, not so much) and then destroys 4 health units in the system (which he uses to destroy the 4 TIE fighters.

So basically my squadrons were ripped apart in space by vacuum proof Wookies?

I'm cool with that, personally. Just want to be sure we played that right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right, though thematically I'd think of it more as off world wookie survivors rallying back (in fighters or what have you) and exacting vengeance on the poor TIEs who remained behind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.