$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Illimat» Forums » General

Subject: Not much BGG chatter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of love on Kickstarter, but almost no chatter here.

I'm wondering what BGGers think.

Currently it's at $320K which is pretty impressive for a card game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Slater
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been watching the tumbleweed blow past me on this forum! It is very quiet.

I'm backing Illimat. I think it looks like a clever game. I like that it seems to have an old parlour game feel to it yet it also feels modern.

I'm excited to play it. But as ever with Kickstarters, you have to wait and wait!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
My only complaint is that the price seems very high for what's in the box.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Slater
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, I thought the same thing. But I gave in and backed it because I thought it looked a lot of fun.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found out about this game through my FB feed, which was odd. I really want to back it, but the price is pretty high. But, in the end, the combination of The Decemberists, Carson Ellis, and a classic-feeling pub/parlor game will probably be too much to resist.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Slater
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know, I winced at the price! But I've gone for it. I just hope I enjoy it a lot!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Madcapmartini wrote:
I found out about this game through my FB feed, which was odd. I really want to back it, but the price is pretty high. But, in the end, the combination of The Decemberists, Carson Ellis, and a classic-feeling pub/parlor game will probably be too much to resist.

I think you should get it so I don't have to whistle
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like this going to be my families new go to card game. I backed the game the first day I saw it. By evening of the same day I had a working hand made copy. As of today I have the currents rules for the 8 Luminaries that come with the game and 2 of the 6 Luminaries that are in the add on.
Now I just need to find some personal Okus tokens
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had another look, and, because The Crane Wife may be my favorite Decemberists album, I'm looking at $57 for what amounts to a standard (albeit with amazing custom art) deck of cards.

I'm really having a hard time justifying backing this. I just don't understand how they arrived at such ridiculously high prices.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always wonder how much it costs to make a small print run game with a cloth board, box, deck of cards, 4 glass tokens, and 4 metal object okus. Does anyone know where to get a quote on that so can determine if it is ridiculously over priced ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dnasearchr wrote:
I always wonder how much it costs to make a small print run game with a cloth board, box, deck of cards, 4 glass tokens, and 4 metal object okus. Does anyone know where to get a quote on that so can determine if it is ridiculously over priced ?

I think people are comparing it to other card games which normally sell for $20-25, is a cloth map and a few tokens worth an additional $25-30? I guess it depends on how bad you want the game. Obviously plenty of people are happy to buy it at that price so good on the designers, personally I thin k the price is really high and I won't back it. I'm not disparaging anyone who does, but the cost of a game certainly factors into most people's purchase decisions which is why the question has been raised.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Dnasearchr wrote:
I always wonder how much it costs to make a small print run game with a cloth board, box, deck of cards, 4 glass tokens, and 4 metal object okus. Does anyone know where to get a quote on that so can determine if it is ridiculously over priced ?


Not necessary. I would have absolutely backed this, but the price was well beyond what I thought it was worth. That's really all that matters.

I probably would have backed at a PnP level, but then, that's probably why they didn't offer one. I could have the game "professionally" made for about 1/3 of the cost assuming I don't have the unnecessary custom metal tokens made.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
Dnasearchr wrote:
I always wonder how much it costs to make a small print run game with a cloth board, box, deck of cards, 4 glass tokens, and 4 metal object okus. Does anyone know where to get a quote on that so can determine if it is ridiculously over priced ?


Not necessary. I would have absolutely backed this, but the price was well beyond what I thought it was worth. That's really all that matters.

I probably would have backed at a PnP level, but then, that's probably why they didn't offer one. I could have the game "professionally" made for about 1/3 of the cost assuming I don't have the unnecessary custom metal tokens made.


You don't need any of it really except 2 decks of cards. I already made a bone brew version if the game.

My above question is really how much it costs a small company to product about 6,000 copies of a game and still make a profit for themselves.
I just have a feeling it is more than $25
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played 2 games of this yesterday. If you didn't back this game I suggest getting it making your copy. It is a fairly easy to teach card game. There are meaningful gameplay decisions to make during your turn. Plus, a little bit of luck inherent in all card games.
My family and gaming group will be playing this game again!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Stanzel
msg tools
Dnasearchr wrote:
Looks like this going to be my families new go to card game. I backed the game the first day I saw it. By evening of the same day I had a working hand made copy. As of today I have the currents rules for the 8 Luminaries that come with the game and 2 of the 6 Luminaries that are in the add on.
Now I just need to find some personal Okus tokens


Where did you find the rules and luminary descriptions?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Stanzel
msg tools
Tstanz wrote:
Dnasearchr wrote:
Looks like this going to be my families new go to card game. I backed the game the first day I saw it. By evening of the same day I had a working hand made copy. As of today I have the currents rules for the 8 Luminaries that come with the game and 2 of the 6 Luminaries that are in the add on.
Now I just need to find some personal Okus tokens


Where did you find the rules and luminary descriptions?


Nevermind, found them deep in the campaign updates of the kickstarter.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I missed your earlier post. If you watch the videoed they also talk about some of the Luminaries in the expansion
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Stanzel
msg tools
Dnasearchr wrote:
Sorry I missed your earlier post. If you watch the videoed they also talk about some of the Luminaries in the expansion


Is it possible that was a backer only video? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tstanz wrote:
Dnasearchr wrote:
Sorry I missed your earlier post. If you watch the videoed they also talk about some of the Luminaries in the expansion


Is it possible that was a backer only video? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Maybe
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.