Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the purposes of the laundry and sewing room can omen cards be discarded as "items"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. They're generally considered items, but I would say no, since they are omens. Similar to the mirror event card from the base game, you wouldn't shuffle in an omen instead of an item card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji T
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless specifically mentioned, i consider omens as separate from items.

However, for the purpose of stealing from attacks etc, omens are potential targets unless they specifically say they can't be stolen. I recall reading this in some rulebook or faq. (Please correct me if i'm wrong.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benjamintham wrote:
Unless specifically mentioned, i consider omens as separate from items.

However, for the purpose of stealing from attacks etc, omens are potential targets unless they specifically say they can't be stolen. I recall reading this in some rulebook or faq. (Please correct me if i'm wrong.)

This is a great way to think about. And you are correct, I think it is in the rulebook itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corvin the Raven
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook page 11:

Quote:
Most Omen cards are treated like items: You keep the card in front of you and use it just like an item. There's no limit to the number of items you can carry. [...] Some items can't be traded (or stolent), but they can be dropped or picked up [...] The Bite, Girl and Madman aren't items, so they can't be dropped, stolen or traded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corvin0 wrote:
Rulebook page 11:

Quote:
Most Omen cards are treated like items: You keep the card in front of you and use it just like an item. There's no limit to the number of items you can carry. [...] Some items can't be traded (or stolent), but they can be dropped or picked up [...] The Bite, Girl and Madman aren't items, so they can't be dropped, stolen or traded.

This is the source of my question. This makes it sound like omen cards could be used. However the text on the rooms specifically says item cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with the specific room text over a general rule. Omens are important to their related haunt scenarios, so there might be reasons to not treat them like items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
msg tools
For the purposes of the Laundry and Sewing Room, I would say that since they specifically say "you may discard an item card" then you can only discard an Item to use that effect. Omen cards are not Item cards, even though most can be treated like an item for the purposes of stealing something instead of doing damage when you attack. I think this is reinforced by the fact that each of those rooms gives you an Item when you discover it, thus allowing you to use the effect if you don't want that item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.