Go Cuckoo!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John

Boston
msg tools
I had a couple questions come up while playing the other night:

1) When an egg falls off or into the nest, do you continue with your turn? Are you still allowed to place an egg if no sticks fell off?

2) When multiple eggs fall into the nest, do you take one from the person with the most eggs for each egg that falls, or just one?

3) Can you move sticks into a more favorable position while placing your egg by pushing them with the egg, or do you just have to drop the egg on?

If anyone could answer these questions that'd be awesome! Really enjoyed the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Víktor Bautista i Roca

Catalonia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) You must put all the sticks on the nest, your turn is over, you are not allowed to place any egg.

2) Original rules (thought for adults, not children) asked for taking as many eggs as eggs had fallen. Current rules are simplified so kids don't need to care much about how many eggs exactly are on the nest. If you are adults playing, you may use the original rules.

3) We do it, but not too much.

Signed: one of the authors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John

Boston
msg tools
Great! So basically any time an egg falls your turn is immediately over?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Víktor Bautista i Roca

Catalonia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but you alwasys have to put back any stick out of the nest into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick M
Canada
flag msg tools
vbroca wrote:
1) You must put all the sticks on the nest, your turn is over, you are not allowed to place any egg.

This is great to have clarified because it does not state this in the rules anywhere I can find. It says if sticks fall, your turn is over but nothing about your turn being over if eggs fall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.