3 Posts

Munchkin Adventure Time» Forums » Variants

Subject: Munchkin Adventure Time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodolfo Molina
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
First post here I hope this is a good contribution.

Today I played Munchkin for the fist time with my group. We really liked it for the first hour (getting used to the rules) but then it was painful. We were a group of 5 and once one of us got to lvl 9 it got painful.

I definitely see that the issue is that everyone can block a player from getting to lvl 10 and this player has little to do to get to lvl 10 and this hurts the game. There should be a way to save the game from this. I have a couple of ideas but I would like to know if anyone that has played the game has implemented to make it enjoyable.

Thanks for taking your time to share! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian S
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can:

1) Play this 2 players only.
2) Stop at level 8 and hoard 2 x Low level enemy cards until you are certain of victory
3) Play something else like "Red Dragon Inn", "Sheriff of Nottingham" or "Cosmic Encounter"
4) Watch Adventure Time cartoon instead

I don't really think I helped much but didn't want you to have 0 replies... Haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodolfo Molina
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
You have a point and it was helpful!

This game is pretty cool (details on cards and silly actions) but I do believe that this issue kills it. There might be a simple solution that will save it from a bad experience when the game is about to end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.