United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
So the Meeple Realty insert has gone up for sale and man is it lovely. You can see it here.

The player boards are contained in wood backed holders with either wooden or plexiglass fronts which solves that issue.

The tiles are all in lovely holders, there is an amazing rover first player marker, custom markers for the global parameters in the shape of a thermometer and an oxygen bottle. And a special holder for the oceans with a dial counting up to 9. And then separate compartments for the resource cubes and player cubes.

You can also choose to just buy the overlays.

However. Even doing a group buy, with the $10 discount for spending over $100, its still about £60 each (varies depending on the shipping method (thats the cheapest/slowest) and whether you go for the wood or glass inserts). Then there will be unknown customs charges on top...

Thats a lot of money and frankly unless you have more money than sense its not realistic for anyone in the EU. Such a shame as it looks like an amazing product, but thats just too much. The Scythe one cost me about £42 delivered and that was a lot of money.

Back to the drawing board...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a shame. They have so many lovely inserts. I wish they had a retailer selling them in europe like Brokentoken or Go7Gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Niddi77 wrote:
It's a shame. They have so many lovely inserts. I wish they had a retailer selling them in europe like Brokentoken or Go7Gaming.

I'd love to set up a small business ordering them in bulk from BT and MR then selling them on at sensible prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell me when and I'll be your first customer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Tomsett
United Kingdom
Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be your second customer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And you could add me to that list too...!

I saw a post about this on Facebook this morning and thought it looked great, and was going to check out the shipping etc. when I had time this evening. Been beaten to it and - sadly - it confirms what I'd expected.

I was extremely disappointed in the current official UK distributor for Broken Token products. I contacted them as soon as I heard that there was a UK outlet and sent an email asking about buying inserts for three different games.

No reply.

Time passed and I phoned them to ask. They did not stock the ones I was after (Caverna, Race for the Galaxy and Manhattan Project), or were out of stock. The phone call resulted in being advised that there were more on the way and would be available in about three weeks (ish).

Great. I'll have them when they arrive. Can I pre-order them please?

No.

Well, that's not great but I'll keep checking the website. And so I did. And did again. And did again, and the inserts never appeared.
Consequently I bought them from one of the French suppliers, and got them within a few days.

So, Peter, should you go ahead with this I'll definitely buy in for one of these (and would have a look to see what other MR or BT stuff might take my fancy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Prodromoi wrote:
And you could add me to that list too...!

I saw a post about this on Facebook this morning and thought it looked great, and was going to check out the shipping etc. when I had time this evening. Been beaten to it and - sadly - it confirms what I'd expected.

I was extremely disappointed in the current official UK distributor for Broken Token products. I contacted them as soon as I heard that there was a UK outlet and sent an email asking about buying inserts for three different games.

No reply.

Time passed and I phoned them to ask. They did not stock the ones I was after (Caverna, Race for the Galaxy and Manhattan Project), or were out of stock. The phone call resulted in being advised that there were more on the way and would be available in about three weeks (ish).

Great. I'll have them when they arrive. Can I pre-order them please?

No.

Well, that's not great but I'll keep checking the website. And so I did. And did again. And did again, and the inserts never appeared.
Consequently I bought them from one of the French suppliers, and got them within a few days.

So, Peter, should you go ahead with this I'll definitely buy in for one of these (and would have a look to see what other MR or BT stuff might take my fancy).

If it was the "Board Game Trading and Chat UK" group that would've been me : ) I flooded the group with a few posts this morning/yesterday as I was very excited for it.

I didn't even know there was an "Official UK Outlet"?!? I just figured places like BoardGameGuru were getting some stock when they could.

I have bought most of mine from Philibert as they seem to be the best, most reliable source.

I would love to but just don't have the money for it (especially not this side of Christmas!). I will definitely look into it though, and who knows maybe I can pull it off.

Thanks for the support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's one of the FB groups that I'm a member of, so it may well have been your post that I saw.

It was Philibert that I ordered mine from too, and was pleased with the service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.