Subject: Imperial Assault Vs Rebellion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Kozinski
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Chaps,

Can I ask is Imperial Assault different enough from Rebllion, or are they very similar?

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sallay
msg tools
mbmb
The short answer is yes they are different. Most of the fantasy flight games use a lot of similar concepts though.

The biggest difference is the way it played. IA is up to 5 player, with 1 imperial and up to 4 rebels ( they are working on an app to make it fully coop). They also have a skirmish mode. Rebellion is 2 players and I've heard that it kind of works with 4. Rebellion takes 3-4 hours vs 1-2 for IA.

I don't think they are radically different games (same theme, lots of card play), but they offer very different experiences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Utterly, completely, totally different, with the theme of Star Wars as the only common demoninator. Assault is a skirmish level game depicting individual battles while Rebellion is a strategic level game depicting the entire galaxy during the rebellion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kozinski
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great - thanks guys. Just looking for another game for my brother - I have Rebellion and he likes that - just wouldn't want to get him the same game!

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.