$5.00
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For the event card Tribute to the King "All players immediately pay 1G + 1S + 1M to gain 2 VP" can you use Magic instead of the gold or strength?

Likewise the Quell Rebellion event "All players may immediately pay 3S to gain 2VP. Can you use Magic in place of some or all of the strength cost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Meyer
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that for "Tribute to the King" you would not be able to. I don't have the rules in front of me but it says something along the lines of: for all currencies you have to pay at least one of the regular currency before you can use magic. Since you only pay once of each I would guess you would have to pay that straight up.

For "Quell Rebellion" you should be able to use magic for that one since you have to pay multiple of one currency.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Would tend to agree on the first. The rules says that for paying an action you can use magic, with the event I'm minded to think that this doesn't count as an action so would be prohibited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.