Hide
14 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: scout cube 225 and Tactical Cube 001 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
navy 2001
msg tools
so i have had thies ships for a while now and i just found out they are prize ships from a Borg event..but i bought them both at the store! does this means at some point all ships from all events will be able to be bought at a store?? if so..why go to events to win stuff when after time you can just buy it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 974399. navy3002
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • Tue Nov 1, 2016 2:11 pm
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, event ships cannot be bought as a retail copy (except the tholian one).

The store you bought them from may have just been selling off old leftover prizes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navy 2001
msg tools
so all this time i have two OP prise ships and i did not know it!? EPIC!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navy 2001
msg tools
know..i always did wounder why my scout and tactical were named diffrent then the ones in the store xD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Scout 225 is a blind booster and Tactical Cube 001 was the main prize from one of the Borg trilogy's.

So yes, for a Borg player that's a decent two ships that are somewhat hard to come by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navy 2001
msg tools
so..they are really not that good to show off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
navy3002 wrote:
so..they are really not that good to show off?

Tactical Cube 001 was actually the prize for a 3 month long event, so it is quite a nice one to have (though a lot of people bought them on the secondary market). It was more rare than most prize ships, being an overall prize like that.

The scout cube is much less rare. It was actually part of a booster brick of blind ship packs that were used during the Borg events. There were 5 different ships that came in a brick of 10 (2 of each ship) and were used during the events to add an unknown ship to your fleet as you could not tell what was inside of the box until you opened it to add it to your fleet. While those bricks did have a limited production run, they are much more common than the actual prize ships.

Both are good ships though, they come with some alternative upgrades that were not in the retail versions of them as well as giving you an additional named version of the ships that can be used.

Check out my YouTube videos of the various Attack Wing ships and you can see what exactly comes with each of them and see for yourself what is different between the ones that oyu have and hte retail ones if you want.

www.YouTube.com/user/Trueflights

There is a couple sections just for Attack Wing in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navy 2001
msg tools
so the ships are somthing to be prode about to have! yay!

also i love your videos flight! (thats how i found out that 001 is a op prise ship i was looking at the relate trying to find 001 to see what you think about it and i found out then its a pries ship!)

who know i would of gotten a epic OP Pries ship for $15?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navy 2001
msg tools
also a question..the card that came with the scout cube i beleave that when at range 3 you can reroll dice..is that upgrade uesless with the new rules? since borg ships can only attack at range 1-2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:
navy3002 wrote:
also a question..the card that came with the scout cube i beleave that when at range 3 you can reroll dice..is that upgrade uesless with the new rules? since borg ships can only attack at range 1-2?

You Primary weapon is limited to range 2, secondary weapons can still reach range 3 if its stated on their card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
navy3002 wrote:
also a question..the card that came with the scout cube

Whats the name of the Card? I cannot remember anything with a range 3 ruling on scout 255 and Utopia is not listing anything like that with 255.

Regardless, what Steven said is right, local thinking is stick Mag Charges on most borg ships to give range 3 shots that are hard to evade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Thompson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Typheron wrote:
navy3002 wrote:

Whats the name of the Card? I cannot remember anything with a range 3 ruling on scout 255 and Utopia is not listing anything like that with 255.

Regardless, what Steven said is right, local thinking is stick Mag Charges on most borg ships to give range 3 shots that are hard to evade.

Scout 608's Long Range Scan doesn't quite do as suggested, but does contain the words "When attacking a ship at Range 3..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navy 2001
msg tools
Typheron wrote:
navy3002 wrote:

just remembred...that card came with tacitcak cube 001

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Thompson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
So, Interplexing Beacon then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.