Popular Tags: [View All]
Fridjof B
Norway
Tranby
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before taking an object cards, is it allowed to take a peek through my own deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greetingsfrombergen wrote:
Before taking an object cards, is it allowed to take a peek through my own deck?

You can look through your discard pile, but you can never look through your own deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fridjof B
Norway
Tranby
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! (written on the last page of the rulebook)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lindvall
United States
Bismarck
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
General rule across all games:

Unless a card or rule is specifically telling you to look through a shuffled deck, you cannot look through it, or peek at the top or bottom, or otherwise reveal any information from it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always agree at the start of the game that you'll be able to do that... Or you can get a piece of paper and write down the objective cards you picked up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you'd rather not slow the game down by forcing people to take notes, you can allow players to check their draw pile. Of course they have to shuffle it anew after checking.

In a light game it may be ok to make memorization a part of the required skill (most card games, or games like Memory ), but in a complex game I find it annoying if information is kept secret or unavailable even though those keeping notes (or with great memory) will have the information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd probably allow it for the first game or two (Shuffling after), as remembering such things (And the default cattle composition) is tough before you've fully learned the games iconography/setup.

After that though, I wouldn't allow it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I allow it, even encourage it. Hidden trackable information is stupid in my book, rules or no rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Grr to hidden but trackable...GRRRR!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JumboCactaur wrote:

Unless a card or rule is specifically telling you to look through a shuffled deck, you cannot look through it, or peek at the top or bottom, or otherwise reveal any information from it.

Not true for most deck builders (which GWT is, more than it's anything else.) Every one I've played allows looking through the discard pile as long as it doesn't delay the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt_W wrote:
JumboCactaur wrote:

Not true for most deck builders (which GWT is, more than it's anything else.) Every one I've played allows looking through the discard pile as long as it doesn't delay the game.

The fine art of reading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always ask one of my opponents to check. It doesn't give them any essential information they don't already know and can be easily done in seconds, eg "do you see at least 2 3s in my deck?".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jones
United Kingdom
Bedford
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The heretic says: if it is trackable, it is open.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.