The Yeti Slalom» Forums » Variants

Subject: Variant Play - Skill Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sylas vlad venare
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Yeti Slalom is a fun game with a fun theme for a family with young children but it's very short and simple. While that can be a good thing, it doesn't have much replayability. For those who want a bit more strategy in their game other than relying on the luck of the die roll, here are a deck of 10 Skill cards which can be easily implemented into any game. The first slightly darker card has all the rules necessary. Note that more than one goal may be achieved at a time.

Furthermore, since the game has so few rules and components, it's very easy to create other variants. You could have rules for including Flags for extra points, have Yetis move on to and block the hill paths, basic character cards that allow snowboarders to avoid one hit on a 3 space, or have them return to the top of the hill the first time they're hit.

The game as it is is far too simple, even the large box it comes in begs to be filled. But i think it has good potential of becoming a much better game and if anyone were to continue building on its foundations, a great, more grown-up version could be realised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gotteri
United Kingdom
CHESTERFIELD
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Completely agree! i've been trying to come up with a more active and 'planned' strategy for the yeti, i like the idea of them running onto the slopes and blocking skiers!

I'll take a proper full look at your skill cards idea and reply!

Cheers!
David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sylas vlad venare
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
cool. i look forward to seeing how it went.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.