Subject: Fragile Hard knock and Double Hit mission rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played with the At Your Orders expansion for the 1st time yesterday and this situation came up and we weren't sure how to resolve it.

I had played the Fragile hard knock (Other players cannot withdraw as long as they have any cards in hand) on my character on a pervious turn. Then the mission leader selected the Double Hit mission (When a players plays 1 card from his hand, he has to play 2. If he has only 1 card in hand he cannot play it.) Play progressed until one player had one card left in his hand. He couldn't withdraw because of the Fragile card and couldn't play the card because on the Double Hit card. How should this be played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
If two hard knocks disagree, the earliest one takes precedence. So, in your case, he cannot withdraw but he can play the single card, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mizerak wrote:
If two hard knocks disagree, the earliest one takes precedence. So, in your case, he cannot withdraw but he can play the single card, I think.

Is a Mission Card considered to be a Hard Knock? In this case one card is a Hard knock and other is a Mission card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
ol_bubba wrote:
Mizerak wrote:

Is a Mission Card considered to be a Hard Knock? In this case one card is a Hard knock and other is a Mission card.

Ah, good point. I did not realize that, and I do not know the answer offhand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Egon 'Ryusora' Carvalho

Sao Paulo
Brazil
msg tools
Those 2 conditions do conflict a bit, but the missions states "you cannot play if you have only 1 card" So if you have only 1 card left, you MUST withdraw or do a different action. There is somewhere in one of the rulebooks that helps you with conflicting situations.

"when a player no longer has any cards in hand, they can still withdraw, ignoring any active hard knocks that would keep them from withdrawing" I would apply this part of the rulebook to answer this.

I would also like to point out, after a player withdraw, all of his hard knocks are ignored (any threat or cards that directly affects your team) for the rest of the mission, so if you had 'fragile' by withdrawing you would help your team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks that makes sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.