United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a US shipping math trade. To partisipate you must be able to ship and receive from/to a US address.

Deadline to submit offers: November 10th, 10:00p Eastern
Deadline to submit wants: November 14th. 10:00p Eastern

Shipping:Should you not specify any shipping restrictions, you bear the full shipping cost to any US address. You may not list any shipping prohibitions that pertain to the contiguous 48 states. Item's that you'll be sending via USPS flat rate or 1st class, ship for the same amount to all 50 states. The less you restrict your shipping, the more potential you have that it will trade. That is all that will be said about the mattercool

Trade Geeklist: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/216464/november-16-us-mat...
Request Geeklist: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/216372/november-16-us-mat...

Rules and Guidelines:

d10-1This trade will utilize the OLWLG (http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/) please get comfortable with it before the end of the trade.

d10-2You are required to accurately describe the condition of your game. This entails inventorying all parts including inserts. Should you find your game is in lesser condition than you originally listed it. Do not edit the listing. Delete it and relist.

d10-3Unless stated, it will be assumed that your game is the most recent printing. If the primary language is something other than English, this needs to be clearly stated, even if the game is language independent. Please subscribe to all of your listings and publicly acknowledge all questions.

Sample Description:

Condition: 1 corner dented(Photo Below)
Edition: Multilingual 2nd
Ships: Free to all 50 incl MPO's

d10-4Add sweeteners by typing the name of the game into the "board game" box of drop down menu so they properly displays in the OLWLG.

d10-5If you have reason to remove an item, please DELETE it. The OLWLG handles this just fine. See rule 6.

d10-6Subscribe to any and all items you are interested in, rather than writing down the number. If you write down the number and an item gets removed, the number will change.

d10-7Items that are not in the database but related to gaming or a similar culture are allowed within reason. You will need to use outside the scope of BGG and altname tags.

d10-8 Absolutely no GC/GG arbitrage. This means that if you are offering a gift card or cash equivalent, you may not add a gift card or cash as a want for that item. If you intend to trade for cash equivalents, you must pay BGG a 3% commission. See Guidelines

d10-9 Do not use a listing for items unless you are offering that listing. For example, do not list a game if you're only offering certain components for that game. When in doubt, use "outside the scope of BGG" as the main listing.

d10-1d10-0Any disputes will be mediated by the moderator. Results not final until posted by the moderator.

A Personal note, please read:

While > 99% of the time trades go through smoothly, you are dealing with humans. Humans let other humans down and sometimes take advantage of them. If you are not ready to accept this fact, I suggest you refrain from entering this trade.

Please remember, every green check mark in the OLWLG means you are agreeing to make that trade. Once you submit your wants and the window to resubmit closes, you've agreed to those trades.

I am running this trade because I think that MT's are the best part of our hobby and I want to make some trades. I am donating my time both for selfish reasons(to make trades) and out of gratitude to those that moderated the dozens of trades that I have enjoyed partisipating in. I am under no obligation to make everyone happy, nor will I try. Should you not like me or the way I run this trade, please refrain from entering.

Helpful Links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA-hiERrMk8
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/287152/math-trades-dummies

ITERATIONS=25
SEED=110116
METRIC=users-trading

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Thursday, November 10th, 2016, 10:00 PM EST
Deadline-Wants: Monday, November 14th, 2016, 10:00 PM EST
%End%
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Simon

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running these!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Are steam keys allowed?
Or I suppose a better question would be does anyone want steam keys?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
Are steam keys allowed?

Yes they are allowed. If no one wants them, they're always fairly popular over at the G4GG raffles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
Are steam keys allowed?

Ben didn't explicitly state that VGG and RPG are permitted, but they typically are included.

In this case, yes, Steam keys are frequently offered up under the VGG entry for the game they are for.

As far as how often they are traded, that seems to be somewhat infrequent. But I think that is mostly because people frequently list up the extra keys they get from Humble Bundles and various other things instead of good games, and to be honest I think most people in a Math Trade that have an interest in video games are the sort that grab those Humble Bundles themselves when they pop up.

I mean, there is no harm in listing it, and they are tradeable (unless Ben for some reason restricts VGG and RPG entries), so you've got nothing to lose if no one wants it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:
G4GG raffles.

Doh. I knew there was something I forgot to do this month.

Ah well, guess I have some extra geek gold to put into November raffles before the GG economy blows up again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
I think most people in a Math Trade that have an interest in video games are the sort that grab those Humble Bundles themselves when they pop up.

I never thought of this, but that makes a lot of sense.
Seems like I need to figure out how those perpetual trades work if I'm going to try and trade my extra keys.

Thanks to both of you for the replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Samocha
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Rasecars, Lasers, Aeroplanes
badge
Here in Duckburg
mbmbmbmbmb
is it just me or is this not updating on the gateway, maybe I'm doing something wrong since I haven't done a math trade in a while. but it only shows 4 items

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
glitch404 wrote:
is it just me or is this not updating on the gateway, maybe I'm doing something wrong since I haven't done a math trade in a while. but it only shows 4 items

It's a manual process that I do a few times a day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
For
Items that are not in the database but related to gaming or a similar culture are allowed within reason.

Does the audiobook of Dark Matter (by Blake Crouch of Wayward Pines fame) count as "a similar culture... within reason"?

https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Matter-Novel-Blake-Crouch/dp/110...

It's a sci-fi quantum physics plot - definitely geek culture, I would imagine something many gamers would find interesting (at least I, as a gamer, found it interesting!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
For
Items that are not in the database but related to gaming or a similar culture are allowed within reason.

Does the audiobook of Dark Matter (by Blake Crouch of Wayward Pines fame) count as "a similar culture... within reason"?

https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Matter-Novel-Blake-Crouch/dp/110...

It's a sci-fi quantum physics plot - definitely geek culture, I would imagine something many gamers would find interesting (at least I, as a gamer, found it interesting!)

Sure. I really want to be as least restrictive as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Mykkanen
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else getting "Invalid Action" when trying to add items from previous MTs via OLWLG's interface?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tmykkanen wrote:
Anyone else getting "Invalid Action" when trying to add items from previous MTs via OLWLG's interface?

Are you using an IOS device? I had no problems, but there are some bugs associated with IOS10 that have been posted.

It worked for me with no problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paladin82Y wrote:
tmykkanen wrote:

Yes.

I am. Trying to post from Windows PC - MS Internet Explorer.

Ended up having to post offers manually.

Would you please post a screenshot here: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24108356#24108356

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Nelson
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I've got a question. What do you do when it's over a week later and yet your game still hasn't been sent and you get no responses to your messages? You can tell that they've been on BGG but still nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MillicanDarque wrote:
So, I've got a question. What do you do when it's over a week later and yet your game still hasn't been sent and you get no responses to your messages? You can tell that they've been on BGG but still nothing.

Send me a GM with the details

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MillicanDarque wrote:
You can tell that they've been on BGG but still nothing.

If you are going based around the login date in their profile, you shouldn't assume anything.

If you see they are posting things, then you can tell they are on BGG. Otherwise, not necessarily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Nelson
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha. Hadn't really thought to check that. I will say that they were on Monday afternoon posting in threads, only hours from being a week after the trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Baker
msg tools
First math trade, is there any concept of offering two separate items for one on a want list? That is, I have two items for trade, I have several items I want that I would trade one or the other for, and some items that I would trade both for. It doesn't seem like this is possible to submit, true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
birdlawyer wrote:
First math trade, is there any concept of offering two separate items for one on a want list? That is, I have two items for trade, I have several items I want that I would trade one or the other for, and some items that I would trade both for. It doesn't seem like this is possible to submit, true?

You are correct that you have to pick one(trading them separately) or the other(trading them together). It's easier to trade games separately in my experience.

As a side note, your "New User" status may scare some people. If you have trading or other feedback listed on another website(ebay or Amazon) it might me useful to edit the items you're offering and direct people in that direction to instill some additional confidence. Everyone starts somewhere and most people will give you the benefit of the doubt, but anything you can do to reach a larger pool of potential traders is a positive.

Welcome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bailey
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
“I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.” ― Terry Pratchett
mbmbmbmbmb
tmykkanen wrote:

I ran into this last trade. I tried a different browser and had no problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Cardboard Jungle Podcast
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we have multiples of the same item do you want them as separate listings or can we do the MULTIPLES thing on the one listing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Mykkanen
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbailey wrote:
tmykkanen wrote:

I ran into this last trade. I tried a different browser and had no problems.

Weirdly it was not working on my laptop (Safari, OS X Sierra) but is working on my desktop (Safari, OS X El Capitan). Must be a setting difference somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cardboard Jungle wrote:
If we have multiples of the same item do you want them as separate listings or can we do the MULTIPLES thing on the one listing?

The only reason not to use the "copies" tag is if it's a listing that someone may want more than 1 of. Maybe a CCG/LCG, GC, or GG. Other than that situation, the copies tag is so much cleaner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Cardboard Jungle Podcast
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:
The Cardboard Jungle wrote:

The only reason not to use the "copies" tag is if it's a listing that someone may want more than 1 of. Maybe a CCG/LCG, GC, or GG. Other than that situation, the copies tag is so much cleaner.

Thanks for the quick response
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.