Popular Tags: [View All]
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suppose I own all things SOB and FOFO.

Am I understanding correctly that I can start on the SOB side and one of the Otherworlds could be the Forbidden Fortress or Belly of the Beast?

If I start in the Forbidden Fortress, one of the Otherworlds could be the Belly of the Beast or any of the original Otherworlds?

In otherwords, if you own all things SOB and FOFO, you would just shuffle it all together and either start in the mines of the wild west or in the Forbidden Fortress?

Could I start on the FOFO side and find myself in the mines of SOB? If so, could I visit the SOB town and vice versa?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how I understand it. All sets can be intermixed and are fully compatible and players can jump from one world to the next through portals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Embree
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep, that is 100% correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That will be pretty f'ing cool!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you reckon they'll add on any of the previous stuff to the new KS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blackpuddingbertha wrote:

What stuff would they add? Everything besides the Outlaw class is/will be available for sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb

No, because it will a) complicate fulfilment and b) have been available from their website before Fortress ships.

They aren't going to add anything previous (except maybe the Outlaw) to Shogun Pledges, since people could already have them and they said that while there might be dice and darkstone and the like (blank cards excetra) in the pledge manager there wouldn't be any gameplay elements in the kickstarter not in Shogun.

And as we know Add-ons are going to attract additional Shipping and Handling over the two base pledges, since they are being shipped separately from the US rather than being packed in China and shipped to the distribution centres directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Embree
msg tools
mbmbmb
It wouldn't make sense to add the existing stuff to the campaign because it would delay you getting it until, at least, early 2018 when you can just pick it up at coolstuffinc.com in the meantime at a discount. Even the stuff not currently release will still hit retail prior to this KS being fulfilled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough - I was kind of hoping to get the lot at once (in the UK nothing's a bargain anymore)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiff Jaffa
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how this will work with downtime,
as in must you decide if you are in japan or USA to start with and thus which places you can visit. (ie can only go to the saloon if USA, but Japan has a similar place (geisha house?))

Or
Can you choose any of the places you fancy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess would be if you end in the mines, you can go to USA saloon, but if you end on the other side of the world, you can go to Japanese saloon.

There's no "home" in SOB where you can store stuff between adventures is there? That would be kind of cool starting off on the USA side, but end up on the Japan side cut off from your stash, etc. and have to find your way back to outfit yourself from the stash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically, the posse can start in either the Wild West or Feudal Japan and hop through portals to each other directly or via Other worlds. That's how I plan to explain cowboys in Japan or vice-versa. The eras might not line up exactly, but who knows what happens to the posse's objective time when they go through a portal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan to always start in the "shadow of Brimstone" with all heroes, and use the Feudal Japan area as another Otherworld. One which has been rumored; thus, drawing visitors from the Far East to seek it out. Not sure how I'll handle the magic class, though. Dark stone enhancement, perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Magic already exists in the game. It's just that none of the base characters can wield it - unless you want to look at the Preacher as magic through faith. There are even cards in the game labeled with it that don't have darkstone. So nothing actually new - if you're good with the theme of the current sets, you should be fine with FoFo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rpvt wrote:
Magic already exists in the game. It's just that none of the base characters can wield it - unless you want to look at the Preacher as magic through faith. There are even cards in the game labeled with it that don't have darkstone. So nothing actually new - if you're good with the theme of the current sets, you should be fine with FoFo.

The Shaman class will have magik, whenever that arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

They have the Treddera expansion available as an add-on and I suspect they may add some more. It's up to you whether you'd want to add it on, but I think it's mostly for people in countries that have a limited access to the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.