Subject: AW9000 base mat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tal Lavi
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Guys quick question.
In Smash Up and the Awesome level 9000 expansion, are there bases with more than 25points?

Also how many bases are in play?
Im going to print a base mat right now and I have no idea if I need the 30 one or the 25, and how many mats i'll need in a 4 player match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mann
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul Teukbyeol-si
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Official rules say the number of bases is equal to players plus one, so five bases would be used in a four player game. (My group tends to use only four bases for a four player game to help speed the game up a bit, and it tends to work pretty well.)

If you only have the base game and Awesome Level 9000, then you shouldn't need to go higher than 25. The only base I can think of that naturally goes above 25 is the Fairy Circle from Pretty Pretty Smash Up (I don't have Cease and Desist yet, so there might be others I am not yet aware of), and if you have Munchkin, some of the Monsters can take the breakpoint close to or over 30.

So unless I'm forgetting something, you need five base mats, 25-point count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With Munchkind you need something over 30 points because even if most Munchkin base with monsters would be around the 25-26, there are some effects that make the base to be replaced but minions do not go away, so you end up with a "normal" base with a breakpoint of 24-25 + 5-8 points of monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Czerniewski
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Answer to your first question:

The highest printed base breakpoint in the game so far is 26, for the Fairy Circle (in the Pretty Pretty set).

Highest breakpoint in the Base game: 25 (Factory 436-1337)
Highest breakpoint in AL9K: 24 (The Greenhouse)

This does not include Monsters played on Munchkin bases, which will increase the breakpoint.

Answer to your second and third question:

number of bases = number of players plus 1. For a 4 player game, it's 5 bases.

I use base mats as well, so print out 5 of them. Mine have an allowance for 25 points, but I never use the scoring tracks. If you want to keep score and add the other sets later on, you should try the 30 point mats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Czerniewski
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The highest breakpoint for a C&D base is 25, on the No-Moon (TM) base (similar to yet legally distinct from the Death Star).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mann
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul Teukbyeol-si
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skidawgkc22 wrote:
The highest breakpoint for a C&D base is 25, on the No-Moon (TM) base (similar to yet legally distinct from the Death Star).

Thank you for filling in the gaps in my knowledge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.