United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb

Cool little infograph about clusters of cognitive biases. Some of these catch a lot of rambling on RSP, but generally people talk more about logical fallacies than heuristics when we're talking about erroneous or error-prone thinking.

Anyway, I like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A good percentage of the conversation in RSP can be found on the right side of the wheel which is how we deal with too much information.

The section on confirmation bias is all over the place as well as the section on noticing flaws in others (or other groups) easier than flaws in ourselves (or our group).

Something I've been fascinated in lately is the Post Purchase rationalization bias. That's basically where we see something more favorably after we have made the choice for it than before. The have found that people are more positive about a candidate after they vote for them or after they have made the decision to vote for them then before. You tend to ignore their faults and focus on their positive traits after a decision has been made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
surprise *Surprising* is that 'numerals' WERE "cannibals" on account of #7-'numeraleight'-#9! zombie -"NO-'brainer' yet!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
GROGnads wrote:
surprise *Surprising* is that 'numerals' WERE "cannibals" on account of #7-'numeraleight'-#9! zombie -"NO-'brainer' yet!"

You would think that would make #7 the sole survivor but it is a little know fact (because he is invisible) that zero 1 2.

Well, I assume it is a fact...I may be suffering from "some zero bias".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Been floating a game design around in my head for years and this chart is gold. Where did you get it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
wow "TWO TIMES!" 'smoothly' "stated" with: Dave Chappelle-"approved"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.