Subject: Castle Panic - Attack On Titan rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Schwartz
United States
Douglasville
Georgia
flag msg tools
Has anyone thought to modify Castle Panic to theme with Attack on Titan? I'd like to do this with mine but i'm not exactly creative just think it would be a neat way to visualize the game. Or should I just get the Attack on Titan Deck Building Game? Let me know what yall think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek R.
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No way, I just thought of the same thing! I want to make a rethemed version of this as well! Here is what I have so far:

(Beware, there might be spoilers below if you have not watched the series, read it at your own risk)

Modify the game so the 6 walls of the game will be positioned at the border between Knight Ring and Swordsman Ring, these will be "Wall Rose"; the 6 castles will be positioned at the boarder between Swordsman Ring and the Castle Circle (where the walls were used to be), these will be "Wall Sheena".

The Archer, Knight, Swordsman Ring will be replaced by Scouts, Garrison, and Military Police (in this order). At first, I wanted the Scouts to be Knights because of the horses, but thematically, they venture into the lands beyond the walls, so it makes more sense for them to be where Archers used to be. The Garrison will occupy the knight ring, because they are guarding the walls (the Wall Rose, to be exact. Heck, even their emblem has a rose on it). It also makes thematic sense to keep the military police inside the walls, as it was portrayed in the anime series. Even though they are corrupt, most of them are still elite soldiers.

Replace Goblin King, Orc Warloard, Troll Mage with Colossus Titan, Female Titan and Armored Titan. They can inherent the same power as their replaced bosses, maybe for Colossus Titan I would add "when it appears on the board, it automatically destroys one wall" to make it more thematic. Since I couldn't think of any equivalent character for Healer, I would just took it out of the game. Some of you might ask "How about B Titan?" That's because I want to reserve it for the The Dark Titan Expansion. More on that in the future.

For the rest of the monsters and base game cards, all of them can be just reskined with the "Attack on Titan" graphics (generic scout, guards, military police, short titans, tall titans, intelligent titans etc...) The only card I would make it more fancy would be Hero cards (Eren, Mikasa, Armin) and Barbarian (Eren's Titan).

I don't know whether this variant will make the game too easy or too hard, but I would be very excited to make it and play it. Hopefully I can have a workable prototype before the second season starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Schwartz
United States
Douglasville
Georgia
flag msg tools
I would love to see this as well as where and how you construct the modifications maybe a play-through video? haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek R.
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished the whole thing. Here's a picture of everything together. I will explain how I constructed each component in a series of posts later. Stay tuned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.