BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Forever Alone Diablo Like Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eugenio
Argentina
flag msg tools
Guys hi!
Once again I need your recommendations for a new board game to play mostly solo.
I'm looking for something that plays like Diablo, exploring, fighting enemies, items, spells, bosses, that kind of thing.
I already own Mage Knight and I love it, but I think I spent too much time planning ahead what to do, and this could be easily solved by rolling a dice.

So far the options I am considering are Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) with solo variants and Zombicide: Black Plague.
Any others worth considering?

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're fine with the theme, Shadows of Brimstone is a great game, and very Diablo-ish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugenio
Argentina
flag msg tools
Burnham wrote:
If you're fine with the theme, Shadows of Brimstone is a great game, and very Diablo-ish.

Thanks!
Is it good for soloing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uque wrote:
Burnham wrote:

Thanks!
Is it good for soloing?

Definitely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugenio
Argentina
flag msg tools
Burnham wrote:
Uque wrote:
Burnham wrote:

Thanks!
Is it good for soloing?

Definitely.

Thanks Burnham, yesterday I watched a playthrough of Descent I guess today is the turn of Shadows Of Brimstone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domenic
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Burnham wrote:
Uque wrote:
Burnham wrote:

Thanks!
Is it good for soloing?

Definitely.

How do you solo it, Burnham? Play a party of four?

I prefer to play a single character, rather than a party, but I wasn't able to figure out good rules to balance the game. So I lost my first couple of missions badly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Smith

UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Runebound (Second Edition) is the closest boardgame so far that me a my brother can compare to diablo 2 . We have combined Dungeon Roll in ou last three games for dungeon treasure hunting.

Downside is it has been replaced by Runebound (Third Edition) and not sure if any solo variants are good or available.

If you do manage to get diablo.. er I mean Runebound 2nd edition then when you move to a gem encounter on the map roll a die. On a roll of 6 play a quick game of dungeon roll and if you slay the dragon then take top two treasure/market cards and pick your favoured one.
You do not have to do this but we thought it reminded us of those mini dungeons you explored in the Diablo wilderness.

Shadows of brimstone is a good game and has a warhammerquest feel to it, which can not be bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A good one to watch out for (not out yet, but it will be in the next couple months) is Sword & Sorcery.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) has a downloadable companion app that you can use to play solitaire. Because of this, I recommend it over other options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dommer2029 wrote:
Burnham wrote:
Uque wrote:
Burnham wrote:

Thanks!
Is it good for soloing?

Definitely.

How do you solo it, Burnham? Play a party of four?

I prefer to play a single character, rather than a party, but I wasn't able to figure out good rules to balance the game. So I lost my first couple of missions badly.

It does seem like a single character would be quite difficult. I play two characters when I play solo and it works very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Horror Leader wrote:
Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) has a downloadable companion app that you can use to play solitaire. Because of this, I recommend it over other options.

Why does that make it a better choice than all the other games recommended?
Most/all of the other games that have been suggested so far are solo-able right out of the box without requiring anything extra.
I'm not saying that Descent is or isn't a better choice than the other games that have been suggested, but why does the app put it over the top?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While the theme is nothing like Diablo, Assault on Doomrock is a great solo adventuring game with really hard, intense boss fights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.