Henrik Horneber
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
Y U NO PLAY BIBLIOS??
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
Rules page 21 say 'A failure event may occur when you move INTO a square of special terrain'. Later that same page, there's an example where a boneworm gets pushed out of special terrain into regular terrain (it get's pushed off a cliff) and it suffers a failure event.

Now, intuitively this makes sense, obviously, but the rules seem not to cover it. According to the rules as printed, the boneworm gets pushed into regular terrain, so nothing happens. The wording is 'pushed entry', not pushed exit.

What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruymán
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
empinchen wrote:
Hi,
Rules page 21 say 'A failure event may occur when you move INTO a square of special terrain'. Later that same page, there's an example where a boneworm gets pushed out of special terrain into regular terrain (it get's pushed off a cliff) and it suffers a failure event.

Obstruction/Cliffs are not placed on a square, but on the edge between squares instead, like doors. Both squares are considered special terrain, but only when figure enters through the edge where the cliff is located.

When the Boneworm(3) is pushed out into the greyish square, it crosses the cliff icon, and therefore suffers the failure event. Same would happen when pushed into square(3) from the greyish square.

But you can freely move from (4) to (3) without penalties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Horneber
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
Y U NO PLAY BIBLIOS??
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I knew I was missing something obvious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.