$35.00
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, after playing three games, I discovered that we were using train tickets wrong. I thought if a train ticket had, for example, 3/2 on it, the hunter could move a total of 5 cities (3 white, and 2 yellow). Now I understand that's not how they're supposed to work.

However, I noticed that our games were always very closely contested right up until the end. In two of our games, the hunters managed to win even though Dracula was just one turn away from winning. It really made for an exciting finish to the game. And I think part of the reason the games were so close was because since we were playing the train tickets incorrectly, the hunters could quickly move into position for a final confrontation.

So my take away from this is: if you think the game is too difficult for the hunters to win, try using this variation to make train tickets more powerful. The extra mobility it gives the hunters seems to make the game more exciting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Rules to Variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glic2003 wrote:
So my take away from this is: if you think the game is too difficult for the hunters to win, try using this variation to make train tickets more powerful. The extra mobility it gives the hunters seems to make the game more exciting.
Perhaps instead +1 for each Despair Token on the board (to one of the numbers, not the total). But, -1 (cumulative) if Dracula has no sea locations in his trail, starting Week 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an interesting idea for a variant, but remember that the thematic reason for the different numbers is that the Eastern European railway system isn't as advanced or maintained as the Western European railways. That's why you can't move as far or as quickly on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.