Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When a character "retires", do you get your choice of which character to try next, or do specific character retirements unlock specific new characters?

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get your choice of any character class that is available (i.e. has been unlocked another player isn't playing) except for the class you are retiring. This could be classes that you found somewhere or that another player has already retired or starting classes that aren't currently being played. Your new character will start at the Prosperity Level as the town, so as the campaign progresses, new characters won't be too wimpy.

(At least this is the way I understand it.)

EDIT: As confirmed below, you may select the class you just retired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Career goals unlock specific things, as seen in this pic, so you can't pick what to unlock. Those examples aren't final though, and you can find a better example on p38 of the rulebook.

But you can choose your next hero out of any of the unlocked classes, you don't have to play the newly unlocked one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martidem wrote:
You get your choice of any character class that is available (i.e. has been unlocked another player isn't playing) except for the class you are retiring.

I don't think there's any restriction from stopping you from playing the same class twice in a row.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Archr wrote:
martidem wrote:
You get your choice of any character class that is available (i.e. has been unlocked another player isn't playing) except for the class you are retiring.

I don't think there's any restriction from stopping you from playing the same class twice in a row.

True, you can play the same class over again if you really want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.