Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1034852783/shadows-of-b...

Bannerman Ally and Diseased Scourge Dead so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And now new artifact cards for the Forbidden Fortress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So few SGs for Sumo level ((
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yury1975 wrote:
So a few SGs for Sumo level ((

Go Shogun man, that's where the real value is. And the daimyo class looks awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yury1975 wrote:
So a few SGs for Sumo level ((

Yeah, I'm trying to come to terms with what amounts to FFP saying: "give us 300$, or wait for retail". I didn't want to go that high, but the ROI on the Sumo is nonexistent at the moment, so...

There is another campaign being run this way right now. " Gnomes and Associates" will give you one SG if ypu pledge the base game. If you want the rest of them, you pay more. Sadly, most are not unlocked yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

We're half way, presumably, to unlocking all SGs and still not a single comment on the campaign from the Frogs. Hopefully they've learned some lessons since their last KS, but it's clear one thing hasn't changed: they are still terrible at communication with the community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
The two boss minis surely make the base pledge worth it, along with the KS exclusive class? Even if you get it for 30% off at retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friedmutant wrote:

We're half way, presumably, to unlocking all SGs and still not a single comment on the campaign from the Frogs. Hopefully they've learned some lessons since their last KS, but it's clear one thing hasn't changed: they are still terrible at communication with the community.

Jason answered a bunch of questions in the KS comments last night. I haven't checked today yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Friedmutant wrote:

But also, it's not been a day yet since launch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:
The two boss minis surely make the base pledge worth it, along with the KS exclusive class? Even if you get it for 30% off at retail.

Possibly, yes. But from an investment point of view, they've brought in 10 times their goal and the ROI is still minimal. No bank is going to loan money with this little return, right? If the funding had stopped at, say, 400k, would that Shogun even be worth it?

My biggest issue at the moment is that they've top loaded the pledge. "It's not worth it now, but once we hit 600k, it's great!" That's ok, I suppose. Especially since it will go way higher than that. Still, bad taste for me.

Great game. One of my favorites. But the campaign...

Holding on to that 5$ discount for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
The Boilerman wrote:
Deano2099 wrote:

Possibly, yes. But from an investment point of view, they've brought in 10 times their goal and the ROI is still minimal. No bank is going to loan money with this little return, right? If the funding had stopped at, say, 400k, would that Shogun even be worth it?

My biggest issue at the moment is that they've top loaded the pledge. "It's not worth it now, but once we hit 600k, it's great!" That's ok, I suppose. Especially since it will go way higher than that. Still, bad taste for me.

No, none of it would be worth it, but they don't really have an alternative. They know they'll get to a million and they know what they want to produce for that money. I'd have been happy with them just setting a $1,000,000 and having all the goals included from the start, but can you imagine the whining if they didn't do stretch goals?

They clearly don't want to do stretch goals, because that's what utterly screwed them (and the backers) over last time. But equally they can't not do stretch goals because they are expected.

As for the ROI, you have a point, but equally if you stick $100 in a bank account now you'll get significantly less back in 18 months than the value of even Shogun right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Boilerman wrote:
Deano2099 wrote:

Past $600,000 now, time to bid?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Jelley wrote:
The Boilerman wrote:
Deano2099 wrote:

Past $600,000 now, time to bid?

If you're gonna, go for Shogun. It keeps getting better, Sumo stays the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Blaha
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
What a Terrible Night to Have a Curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
C'mon, Hell Train! laugh

(Image not from this campaign... yet.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
razor367 wrote:
C'mon, Hell Train! laugh

(Image not from this campaign... yet.)

I'd expect that to be a third kickstarter since despite the Japanese love of trains, the apparent 1600s setting is a bit early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Embree
msg tools
mbmbmb
I see this as a very likely optional add-on purchase. They know a lot of people want it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't. A major add on that only some would pay but would delay the whole project doesn't add up to me. I do see it as the first post Kickstarter (both of them) major expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Beorndog wrote:
I don't. A major add on that only some would pay but would delay the whole project doesn't add up to me. I do see it as the first post Kickstarter (both of them) major expansion.

No add-ons will delay the project as they're being shipped separately from the US after the main campaign delivers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
I stand corrected. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
phiveball wrote:
I see this as a very likely optional add-on purchase. They know a lot of people want it.

They have I will point out already said it would take a lot of development (That they have given no impression of having started) and that there will be no new game play elements not included in Shogun.

And it doesn't fit the theme. 1600s Japan is slightly lacking in trains for the non corrupt version.

They want to do it and they know people want it and it's going to be a major project. And that leads to the conclusion that it will be a separate kickstarter because they are trying to keep this one in a tighter scope than the last and even there it was a something they described as well into the future in their planning.

The other way of looking at it is there are over half a million worth of other stretch goals and add-ons (Or a third of everything they have annouced for SoBS so far including Belly of the Beast, but not necessarily including anything else in Fortess) they had planned to do before the Hell Train. Back when they were putting in more than they could easily cope with.

Which means there is very likely at least one and quite probably two or three more Otherworlds they intended to do before tackling Hell Train.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
New Otherworld at 800k. Forest of the Dead. Nice! Need Shogun to get that one so that should make those thinking that level isn't worth it to reconsider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The forest of the dead looks cool. It's a filler update though since it's just the reverse side of the double sided core tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
The reverse side of the base/core set is Belly of the Beast. What I'm looking for is the models included for the MSRP of $80.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rpvt wrote:
The reverse side of the base/core set is Belly of the Beast. What I'm looking for is the models included for the MSRP of $80.

If I had to guess, I'd say a few of the already unlocked models will be used for this expansion. Makes sense to me, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
I fully expect the $2kk version of the hell train of last campaign to be a HELL SHIP filled with filthy gaijin arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.